PDA

View Full Version : Help with Android device for Control Panel

kmosmen
07-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Interested in running my 18R2 with Control Panel. My desire would be to run Show creator AND Control Panel on a cheap PC so I can kill two birds with one stone. Something like a Chromebook sized PC. BUT, I would consider getting an Android device for shooting if it was inexpensive.

So....

1.) Do people using Control Panel with an Android device like it?
2.) Which device are you using and would you recommend it?
3.) Any idea IF I can run both Show Creator and Control Panel from a cheap PC?

Thanks!

Pyroigniter
07-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Sorry this is late but. I use the control panel on a Lenovo tablet. it was $150. I run show creator on my work PC because the screens are better. I;m thrilled to use the control panel. It puts the show in your hands and not just a bunch of lights going off every couple of seconds. Upcoming shots are a a glance if you feel you need to speed up. I'm thrilled with it.

A couple years ago I need to speed up because a cake was about out. So when I did I ended up shooting off nothing but salutes with very little color. If I had the Control panel I would of realized and actually stepped ahead twice. Little things but it is well worth the investment to me.

Chuck

kmosmen
07-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Chuck,
Thanks for the response. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment.

It's an investment so I just want to make sure it's a good option. Scott mentioned that they are focusing on the software soon!