PDA

View Full Version : Star primes

arial-shellz-R-US
06-29-2011, 10:43 PM
i didnt see a thread on primes yet, but if one exists it passed right by me so I figured I would start one. First off I have found that every single star that I have used in a mine has ignited without a prime, obviously this will not happen with all stars but if you are making starmines priming is not necessary but may help the burn rate of your stars. BUT with shells almost all stars need to be primed. The stars that usually do not need to be primed are usually charcoal based silvers and sparky chrysanthemums (typo wtvr). As most pyros know many stars may require two layers
of priming to ignite the star, the first layer is usually easily ignited but burns hot enough to ignite the second layer which then catches and burns at a temperature high enough to ignite the star itself. K im to lazy to go on and on so basically leeve a comment on good star primes that you use and what kind of stars require a certain type of prime. To beginners: please ask questions about this stuff I had many failures and questions at the begining which were all related to star priming!

pyro70_30
06-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I have tried many specialty primes and step primeing with meal has never failed me. Even when I break shells hard the step prime works best.