PDA

View Full Version : dangerous cakes

crackerbomb
06-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Just wanted to pass this along. I was told dy a dealer that sells Winda brand fireworks. He told me the 200 gram cake called Metal Dino keep blowing apart when its shot. If you have these be careful. I had 2 of them so I put some cannon fuse on them and ran. 1 of them worked fine the other one blew apart.

J's12talk
06-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Last year the company I shoot for had a bad 1.3g cake, unfortunately they sent one out to a variety of shoots on the same day and we all found out at the same time.

Pyro Nation
06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks.. I have a metal Dino.. I may just take it out of the show and light on own now

crackerbomb
06-29-2011, 10:50 PM
let us know what happens

pyro man 205
06-30-2011, 02:00 AM
now dont be blowing your selfs up with that stuff!! i know it is fun but we need to think safety first just soak it. pyroliffic dont blow your hand off stand behind a board.

crackerbomb
06-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Pyroliffic, if you shoot it on its own try to record it. If it blows up post it, if you need a damaged ground zero camera I'm sure Dave would have a few for you to choose from.

Pyro Nation
06-30-2011, 03:48 AM
I plan on firing it off electronically. And yes I will get video of it incase it does go BOOM

crackerbomb
06-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Awesome, I hope it blows up and nothing or nobody gets hurt and the video turns out.

indianahx
06-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Why would you want to video something like that and then posting it on an open forum???? That's nothing but ammo for the naysayers and people who want this stuff banned for being dangerous.

indianahx
06-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Why would you want to video something like that and then posting it on an open forum???? That's nothing but ammo for the naysayers and people who want this stuff banned for being dangerous.

blown2bits
06-30-2011, 09:09 AM
i hope yours doesn't blow, we want a video either way.

Palermitano2
06-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Lets Keep it private when the video surfaces

hokester44
06-30-2011, 10:21 AM

Agree wholeheartedly.

Pyro Nation
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
No.... it can be used educationally as well.... Anything is dangerous if not used properly.....

Palermitano2
06-30-2011, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=pyroliffic;4550]No.... it can be used educationally as well.... Anything is dangerous if not used properly.....[/QUOT
This is TRUE..

indianahx
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Running with scissors is dangerous (or so they say....non-sparking scissors btw), but that's not the issue. Shooting off fireworks (in legal states) is a PRIVILEGE not a right. Handing the other side a video of fireworks being unsafe, volatile, unpredictable, and destructive is not a wise move....

indianahx
06-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I couldn't edit in time so I wanted to add that this is not a case of something being dangerous from improper use. I agree misuse is dangerous; but this cake is being properly used and is still dangerous. Whew, I'm done.....

Pyro Nation
06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
a drivers license is a PRIVILEGE as well. If we cant show people hay there was a warning set out not to use a certain item due to a issue, Ya have to show people U should head a warning and take caution. Sitting on our hands and doing nothing is worse in my opinion

Pyro Nation
06-30-2011, 06:06 PM
If nothing is said and something does happen and someone gets hurt... Higher power finds out there was a issue and could of been warned but no... Because we wanted to be quiet about it. I would feel horrible. Since maybe me or some one else could of possibly prevented it

crackerbomb
06-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I agree with both sides of this. I am leaning towards what pyroliffic is saying. Let say John Doe has never seen a video of a cake exploding and always stands next to the fireworks when they are being shot and one of them explodes and he gets hurt. Then lets say he saw a video of a cake exploding, chances are he wouldn't stand to close to the firework when it going off. With him seeing the video he would treat each and every cake respect. 99% of the products out there are not going to blow up, but you will all agree this can happen for many reasons. I think it would be a great learning video for pro's or rookies. I see were Indianahx is coming from also, but most of the people that set the state rules don't have a clue about fireworks. They don't know how many times a firework explodes. All they want to know is how many people got hurt and there age. Just my opinion

tennpyro1
06-30-2011, 07:42 PM
this is just one of those subjects where darn if you do and darn if you dont crackerbomb said it best all the state wants to know how many people was injured and how old were they it is sad because if they really sat down and looked at all sides of it they would see that things like exploding cakes happen even if people know what they are doing i think they all needed to sit down or be sat down and told and showed