PDA

View Full Version : M-25 Tannerite Cake

displayfireworks1
06-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Here is one of my unlisted videos from 2010 I sent to Tannerite after I tested out the new at the time M-25 cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4GA14G2gcQ
At the time there was not a fuse on them. I heard now they have a green fuse and electric match provision.
http://tanneriteexplosives.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=33&zenid=b3ca9c8c071677d12fdd3f864050f811
http://tanneriteexplosives.com/products/images/large/16S-2_LRG.jpg

chriskrc
06-12-2016, 04:17 PM
I just checked out their website the red chrysanthemum looks good to.

ras1986
06-12-2016, 04:18 PM
I want someone to take one of these apart and video it. I wanna see if it's really flash or if it is actually similar to the pistol grade impact explosive. Maybe some has done this, if so please let me know

displayfireworks1
06-12-2016, 09:59 PM
It is a variation on standard flash. There was one thing different about it but I can not remember. You have to remember there are many flash formula , some very exotic and overly complicated. The safest is the standard 70/30. The rating of it being an Article of Pyrotechnics has nothing to do with its loudness. Its about the distribution, the electric match already in it and all the fairy-tales written on the label. They send it for testing somewhere that specialize in that and have them classified. I wish I could remember the organized that classifies these, I do remember it is expensive and if your product fails you still have to pay the testing fee. Tannerite is no stranger to controversial products , I think he has been involved in over 37 different legal issues. He has about 4 to 7 of these AP products approved. Now that he has that number approved he can mix and match all 4 to 7 and make anything he wants out of them. He ask my opinion on how he should make them. i told him I don't care how you mix them, just put that air bust (don't call it salute) finish in all of them. Somehow he got a 100 shot air burst fan cake approved as an AP. He was going to send me one but there was a shipping restriction with it current state of final classification. Because of what I do with pyrotechnics , i can receive FedEX shipments of these items for research purposes. When they are finally approved I believe almost anyone can receive them as long as you sign.
He sells a lot of these M-25 to the military for use in their celebrations. I know of at least one Consumer Fireworks distributor that bought a bunch of these, I keep telling some of my advertisers to sell these, i know Joyce at Kneppys sold them for a while. These are a hot item for people that do not have an ATF license.

ras1986
06-12-2016, 10:11 PM
They really are a nice piece if you have the money for a 160 dollar case of 200 gram cakes..... the big fireworks distributor here in texas sells them. Still don't buy from them even tho I could pick it up and save 300 bucks and be able to get the m25's. If he keeps this up and then tries to keep the cost down he would get rid of people bringing in all of thelse 1.3 cakes labeled as 1.4 un0336. Which would make me upset btw... when I get my 54 I still think I'd drive around to all the fireworks stands looking for the overloads. Its just fun. Anyway I digress... Dave, thank you for your response, I wasn't sure if it was flash or not. Thank you for clarifying.

jknepp1954
06-13-2016, 06:57 AM
Yes - we at Kneppy's do have the Tannerite M25 airburst.
And just a few of the older multi effects Tannerite cakes

zzzybil
06-13-2016, 11:08 AM
justa lil too pricey for me - guess thats why not much fan fair. No doubt alot to recover from licensing and testing etc . I'd like to see more who bit the bullet do some SERIOUS RAVING. before i jump the hoops ridiculous shipping and penalty for sampling various products- the extra $25 per on an already HIGH DOLLAR buy !!!!!!!! wow ......... REALLy curious tho !
Tannerite should offer a ''sampler combination '' might get'm out there and some word of mouth SALES

zzzybil
06-13-2016, 11:10 AM
justa lil too pricey for me - guess thats why not much fan fair. No doubt alot to recover from licensing and testing etc . I'd like to see more who bit the bullet do some SERIOUS RAVING. before i jump the hoops ridiculous shipping and penalty for sampling various products- the extra $25 per on an already HIGH DOLLAR buy !!!!!!!! wow ......... REALLy curious tho !
Tannerite should offer a ''sampler combination '' might get'm out there and some word of mouth SALES

CTPYRO
06-13-2016, 07:44 PM
I'd rather have the Lidu 50's salute box or the 36's 2.5" quick salute with RWB

PGH_Pyro
06-13-2016, 08:04 PM
they certainly are nice & punchy

djsmurf
06-13-2016, 10:29 PM
Not bad, agree the price is a bit up there.

displayfireworks1
06-14-2016, 07:08 AM
You guys are funny, you want a case of these delivered to your door for what $100.00? . It is a specialty item, if I remember correctly they were more expensive when they were first introduced a few years ago. I personally would not buy the color ones , I do like the air burst ones, there are many advantages, the number one advantage is storage. If there is in fact a green fuse on them now in addition to the electric match, they are even more desirable for the once a year fireworks buyer.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-14-2016, 08:18 AM
I'd rather have the Lidu 50's salute box or the 36's 2.5" quick salute with RWB
No question the Liidu cakes would outperform the M-25 -- but the point is the Tannerite product [because it is an Articles Pyrotechnics] does not require a license to purchase it or a magazine to store it in. So the "compare apples to apples factor" is storage and ability to purchase by the non licensed pyros out there--not performance.
BTW--I have used the M-25's and they are, indeed, a nice "punchy" cake. They would definitely add some "wow factor" to a small scale "backyard type" show.

countryboy7978
06-26-2016, 02:14 PM
They are very well made and hard hitting. I've seen the patent. It uses a different formula using an alloy instead of pure aluminum.

Elisabeth
06-27-2016, 01:38 AM
They are very well made and hard hitting. I've seen the patent. It uses a different formula using an alloy instead of pure aluminum.

Magnalium?

flynlr
07-03-2016, 05:28 AM
I have old ones and new ones. the old ones had a bit of tail and nice bright bursts and ematch built into the cake.
new ones have no tail almost no visual burst and the ematch is connected to a normal ematch connector that also splits off a piece of visco to hand light
old on the right new on the left
http://www.njrod.com/images/fw/m25oldnew.jpg

Knightmare
07-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Yes - We at Kneppy's do have the Tannerite M25 Airburst.
And just a few of the older multi effects Tannerite cakes

What license does someone need to buy one?

jknepp1954
07-12-2016, 10:04 PM
If you are a PA resident - just a local permit will do.

countryboy7978
07-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Magnalium?

Yes, it's use is quite common in consumer fireworks and display fireworks. It is typically used in strobes and some glitters. Some old flash formulas use it as well. Someone mentioned the viability of the flash. That's because magnalium has much greater light output than aluminum. I tend to believe that red lantern firecrackers used magnalium as well.

PGH_Pyro
07-26-2016, 04:15 PM
i have noticed that the breaks in the M-25 are very bright / silvery compared to other cakes.
more eye candy .

PyroJoeNEPA
07-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Magnalium?
Magnalium is a combination of two metals--Magnesium and Aluminum.

hatsgoods
10-01-2016, 01:42 AM
does anyone think these are worth $20 per cake? i think so but i thought i would ask? i think 20 is a fair price as my shop that has them have the m25 oor 160 for a case of 8. just seems to be pricey for a cake but im willing to pay that for the quality. i might pick one or 2 up for me bday coming up on oct.3rd. so what are your thoughts on the m25?

PGH_Pyro
10-01-2016, 12:45 PM
hatsgoods - frankly, no, i think they're horribly expensive considering how simple & cheap the chemicals are but in the 1.4 realm ... what else ya gonna do ?

Westpapyro
10-01-2016, 03:28 PM
I'd look for a different salute cake? You have a 54 right? Or ask me at Fireart for a recommendation.

hatsgoods
10-01-2016, 07:27 PM
i think its fair price but i was just wondering if there was a cheaper option that was the same quality. ill mostly get 1 or 2 just depends on how much extra birthday money i get. ill have to see if i can then add it too my order. ill be 23 on the 3rd of oct. find me at fireart if you want ill be there about 4pm.

Fire Art
10-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Since you have the Type 54, the Big Al cakes at Fire Art are a cheaper alternative with every bit, if not more, of the performance. Plus they come in slow or fast versions. Shameful plug I know but it wouldn't have my name on it if it wasn't good.

clr8ter
10-29-2016, 08:28 AM
If you look around, you can get this case for $118, if you're a decent spender. At that price, I consider it a steal. At 160, still worth every penny.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-29-2016, 11:53 AM
If you can legally purchase 1.3g products, the new cakes that Al at FireArt has are definitely the way to go! Good price point & they have a healthy "wallop" to them--plus the different firing times available make it a "must have" show item.

Bgreen
01-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Ik this tread is kinda old... But I think the m25s are amazing cakes for what they are no problem storeing them you don't need your license. I get them for 130 a case witch for what they are I think is very reasonable. Yes there are better things out there but that comes with the extra problems of having to have the licsences,storage an every thing these are great store them any where you want there loud and legal for the common man. Amazing product

displayfireworks1
01-30-2017, 11:25 PM
Tannerite is one of my advertisers, I remember when he first brought that M-25 to market. i helped him get the word out. He actually has a line of those cakes with different effects. Last I talked to him and it has been a while. One of his biggest customers for the M-25 was the military. They use it for their celebration. When they first came out they did not have a fuse and only an electric match. I heard now they also have a fuse. How are the ones you have fused?
Here is my video , it was November 2010 when I made this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6su7QxHVs5U

Bgreen
01-30-2017, 11:57 PM
Tannerite is one of my advertisers, I remember when he first brought that M-25 to market. i helped him get the word out. He actually has a line of those cakes with different effects. Last I talked to him and it has been a while. One of his biggest customers for the M-25 was the military. They use it for their celebration. When they first came out they did not have a fuse and only an electric match. I heard now they also have a fuse. How are the ones you have fused?
Here is my video , it was November 2010 when I made this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6su7QxHVs5U

They are great! And yes I have had the ones that are effects the blue will was my favorite need 2-3 of them going at a time but other then that they are good. I got the blue willow ones for under 100 bucks a case if I remeber right. They where good but the m25 is worth the money they had a multi effect one out that was pretty good it would do a few colors,crackle, then the air burst effect it was good from what I remeber all the color ones Realy needed a few to going at a time to be great it's been 2 years since I had his color caked so no telling if it's my memory playing tricks on me or not

Richspyroplace
02-01-2017, 04:10 AM
Heres video of one of my M-25's from about 2 weeks ago.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRC3eCO6Y6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRC3eCO6Y6E
Rich
"Rich's pyro place" on youtube
Type 54

Richspyroplace
02-01-2017, 04:28 AM
Heres video of one of my M-25's from about 2 weeks ago.

Rich
"Rich's pyro place" on youtube
Type 54

kcp04
06-12-2017, 07:58 PM
I can't seem to find these anywhere without spending an arm and a leg. I am in Indiana does anyone here have any ideas?

displayfireworks1
06-12-2017, 08:10 PM
If you want to spend the money I'm sure he will ship to you.
http://tanneriteexplosives.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=23&zenid=fc5be7e8c1782ea851a840188b37b337
Remember it going to hard to get a deal on fireworks this time of year. It like trying to find Christmas lights on sale December 15. If there are deals out there its going to hard to find.

Pyropug
06-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Averages to about $28 per cake for a case of 8 shipped. Not to bad compared to retail
Stores for normal class c fireworks.

kcp04
06-12-2017, 11:17 PM
It looks like after the HAZMAT fee and the $50 shipping it adds upnto about $270 for a case (8) shipped.

Kenny East
06-13-2017, 04:36 AM
Went to BIG'S demo... They finished their finale with a few dozen of the air burst... Great show but i called it false advertising since they don't offer to sell them to the public... The blue tannerite cake seemed to have weak color... The red chrysanthemum looked better.. In my opinion..

FlyingDutchman
06-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Tannerite cakes can be found at Pro Fireworks in Michigan, they don't keep them on the shelf's, you need to ask for them. Call ahead to be sure they have them in store.

displayfireworks1
06-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Some places sell these M-25 like regulated sinus medication pseudoephedrine etc. They place a placard on the shelf but the product is behind the counter. When I talk with Tannerite when he created these I suggest all of those articles of pyrotechnic color cakes should finish with air burst ( don't say salute). I don't see a demand for blue or red when you can buy that in the Consumer Fireworks line. But blue or red finishing with air burst I thought was the way to go. A while back he told me he got a 100 shot air burst cake approved as an article of pyrotechnic. Not sure where than one ended up.
That video I did is from 2010 when these first were hitting the market.

Bgreen
08-10-2017, 10:12 PM
I herd these will be moving to 1.3 this year is that true? Has any one herd this as well?

displayfireworks1
08-11-2017, 05:19 AM
That is interesting I did not hear that. When the opportunity presents itself , i will have to look into it.

Bgreen
08-12-2017, 01:13 AM
let me know because I realy do love these cakes

MtnViewPyro
05-01-2018, 12:03 AM
Anyone else having issues with their website? I placed an order and was going to log back in and check if it has been shipped after a week. When going to the site it just comes up blank.

MtnViewPyro
05-01-2018, 03:38 PM
I got it to work today.

NorthernKYPyro
05-11-2018, 08:27 AM
I have purchased some of these cakes recently. They still are just as good as the first time I heard them. Price is going up but please don't abandon them. From what I've heard upstream Tannerite is in the midst of a legal battle with the CPSC over classification of these items. They're arguing that these are no different than a 1.3 Firing Squad/TK.

Another update I got from a local fireworks retail store. Apparently during their inspection by the state fire Marshall, the store was asked to remove the E-Match from the cake in order to sell it. I find that quite interesting, since they aren't kept on the shelves and are only sold to people that know what they are have a basic understanding of pyrotechnics. This doesn't bother me as I add FireWire to them instead, but it was interesting to hear that the Fire Marshall requested this.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Another update I got from a local fireworks retail store. Apparently during their inspection by the state fire Marshall, the store was asked to remove the E-Match from the cake in order to sell it. I find that quite interesting, since they aren't kept on the shelves and are only sold to people that know what they are have a basic understanding of pyrotechnics. This doesn't bother me as I add FireWire to them instead, but it was interesting to hear that the Fire Marshall requested this.
The Fire Marshall needs some educating!!! It is more dangerous to remove the ematch from a factory installed device than it is to have it sit on the shelf with the ematch installed in it. Where do these people come from????????

NorthernKYPyro
05-11-2018, 09:54 AM
I will ask the store what the reasoning behind the request was. I'm fronds with the manager. He said ther inspection went really well and there were no other discrepancies. I've been on the clock at another store where I work during our inspection. They mostly just check for exit paths, extinguishers, sprinkler system and alarm system. To be perfectly honest I'm surprised they passed up several items on the shelf and only had a discrepancy with the M-25s. Like you said, these people aren't the brightest of the bunch when it comes to fireworks.

MtnViewPyro
05-11-2018, 01:23 PM
My case just arrived this week. I’m with you PyroJoeNEPA. Pulling an installed match is really dumb if it’s supposedly for safety.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-11-2018, 05:00 PM
The Fire Marshall needs some educating!!! It is more dangerous to remove the ematch from a factory installed device than it is to have it sit on the shelf with the ematch installed in it. Where do these people come from????????

But.... But..... He took the 2 hour class!!

GyroPyro420
05-11-2018, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know of any PA shops that carry this?

cherrybomb1
05-11-2018, 07:51 PM

I'm pretty sure Joyce at Kneppy's said they do...it seems like nobody has it on there website but Tannerite ,You just have to ask them.

jknepp1954
05-11-2018, 08:17 PM

Yes - we at Kneppy's Have. Central Pa - not too far from State College....

PyroJoeNEPA
05-11-2018, 08:31 PM
My case just arrived this week. I’m with you PyroJoeNEPA. Pulling an installed match is really dumb if it’s supposedly for safety.

Looking back on my previous response---the M-25 cake has an ematch PORT installed---not an actual ematch so I am correcting what I said [partially]--but still uneducated on his part--what does he want done? Cut the leader & port off???? DUH!

GyroPyro420
05-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Yes - we at Kneppy's Have. Central Pa - not too far from State College....

I’ve heard good things about kneppys, it’s such a trip for me. I’ll have to find my way out there before the fourth though..probably mid June , especially since you guys carry them. I’ll be in pa next week but more towards the Pocono area. Thank you for the response!!

NorthernKYPyro
05-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Looking back on my previous response---the M-25 cake has an ematch PORT installed---not an actual ematch so I am correcting what I said [partially]--but still uneducated on his part--what does he want done? Cut the leader & port off???? DUH!

Actually, the M25s do come with an ematch in the port. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y4yXLV025Ek
As far as what was requested, the store owner simply removed the ematch from the port and was told he was good to sell them.

RalphieJ
05-12-2018, 10:12 PM
There was a fireworks company that stored their inventory near Stewart Airport (Orange County NY) in explosives bunkers that were once used by the Air Force. Several years ago an employee was killed in an explosion. After an investigation it was found that the employee was pulling ematches from individual shells when the shell ignited and set off the entire bunker,.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20020807/News/308079997

displayfireworks1
05-13-2018, 12:10 PM
If I remember correctly there was more to that Orange County story than is listed in that article. If it is the one I remember.

nayslayer
05-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Funny, that place is 10 minutes from me. I actually went there for a job. I passed.

RalphieJ
05-13-2018, 02:08 PM
You're right Dave, East Coast Novelty (Owned by the Genovese Family's "Louie the Pigeon") was responsible for this accident at Dutchess Stadium in Wappingers Falls NY.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20100714/news/7140354

The ball team tried to pinch pennies and go with this guy b/c he was cheaper. Right after this mishap and near tragedy the Renegades dismissed the display company and re-hired the original company that had been with them from the inception. Another result of this accident was that the fire inspector limited the shell size to 3", much to the dismay of the original company's owner since his own 5" Italian-style shells provide more value to the client (the most stunning crossettes I've ever seen)) and are more profitable than purchased shells. He also switched to Little Big Shot's 3" salutes (Ever shoot these? Whoa.) which are a crowd favorite. It's a sweet gig, every Fri. & Sat night home games, the 4th, and other special events.

Mattp
05-14-2018, 09:34 AM
You're right Dave, East Coast Novelty (Owned by the Genovese Family's "Louie the Pigeon") was responsible for this accident at Dutchess Stadium in Wappingers Falls NY.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20100714/news/7140354

The ball team tried to pinch pennies and go with this guy b/c he was cheaper.

Ive actually been trying to find info on The company mentioned in this article july4ever.. are they still in the 1.3 business?? as of a few years ago their website had all the product and prices on it.. i cant find it anymore.. when i look it up it automatically changens the domain name and takes me to a firework event companies website with the same name.. and actual business address in walden ny

nayslayer
05-14-2018, 12:00 PM
https://www.july4ever.net

Address is listed on website, I visited with them last year. Something seemed off, and I heard a few other things about them that was unsavory. I believe they said they hand fired cakes, or ematched it all before delivery and setup.

Mattp
05-14-2018, 12:19 PM
https://www.july4ever.net

Address is listed on website, I visited with them last year. Something seemed off, and I heard a few other things about them that was unsavory. I believe they said they hand fired cakes, or ematched it all before delivery and setup.

Yes.. but that is not the same website. And there is no link for a for their products and prices like there used to be

nayslayer
05-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Well i visited with them at that address, saw the bunkers and dumpsters of old cakes. The office was in a home trailer. I don't think they sell anything anymore.

Mattp
05-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Ohhh.. yeah.. doesnt sound like it

nayslayer
05-14-2018, 07:09 PM
I think thing they just do some weddings and country club events

MtnViewPyro
06-06-2018, 03:03 AM
Was able to finally test one of these gems out. Talked to Daniel Tannerite yesterday for awhile, cool guy.

https://youtu.be/YBcslL7b2FI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcslL7b2FI&feature=youtu.be

PYRODAN
09-30-2018, 09:03 AM
https://youtu.be/z_fD2RiwaZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_fD2RiwaZU&feature=youtu.be

Here is 2 cases of M-25 cakes.

PGH_Pyro
10-01-2018, 01:24 PM
cool vid. good use of 'em .

Rick_In_Tampa
10-02-2018, 12:50 AM
Now that's just freaking awesome!! I need to get some of those.

PYRODAN
10-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Thank you both. I am currently in Lansing Mi. for training and have re-certification testing tomorrow. Been staying out of the bars and off line studying for my tests. Just needed a quick fix!

Steve
10-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Which location? And how much were they?
Is there anywhere else in Michigan that sells them?
Thanks.

Tannerite cakes can be found at Pro Fireworks in Michigan, they don't keep them on the shelf's, you need to ask for them. Call ahead to be sure they have them in store.

joewad
10-27-2018, 11:46 AM
Curious about any Indiana/Kentucky locations that carry Tannerite cakes?? any help appreciated......joe

Supermanpyro8
10-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Curious about any Indiana/Kentucky locations that carry Tannerite cakes?? any help appreciated......joe

Joe have you ever bought from BellPyrotechnics? He sent me his list and his prices on shells were great.

joewad
10-28-2018, 12:27 PM
Joe have you ever bought from BellPyrotechnics? He sent me his list and his prices on shells were great.

Been doing business with Carter since my first year of having FEL. Great guy, service and product. I've never seen tannerite cakes upon any of his catalogs. I'll have to give him a shout.

pyrosamm
10-30-2018, 04:09 AM
It is a variation on standard flash. There was one thing different about it but I can not remember. You have to remember there are many flash formula , some very exotic and overly complicated. The safest is the standard 70/30. The rating of it being an Article of Pyrotechnics has nothing to do with its loudness. Its about the distribution, the electric match already in it and all the fairy-tales written on the label. They send it for testing somewhere that specialize in that and have them classified. I wish I could remember the organized that classifies these, I do remember it is expensive and if your product fails you still have to pay the testing fee. Tannerite is no stranger to controversial products , I think he has been involved in over 37 different legal issues. He has about 4 to 7 of these AP products approved. Now that he has that number approved he can mix and match all 4 to 7 and make anything he wants out of them. He ask my opinion on how he should make them. i told him I don't care how you mix them, just put that air bust (don't call it salute) finish in all of them. Somehow he got a 100 shot air burst fan cake approved as an AP. He was going to send me one but there was a shipping restriction with it current state of final classification. Because of what I do with pyrotechnics , i can receive FedEX shipments of these items for research purposes. When they are finally approved I believe almost anyone can receive them as long as you sign.
He sells a lot of these M-25 to the military for use in their celebrations. I know of at least one Consumer Fireworks distributor that bought a bunch of these, I keep telling some of my advertisers to sell these, i know Joyce at Kneppys sold them for a while. These are a hot item for people that do not have an ATF license.

The corp that does all pyro testing is known as the A.F.S.L. and when a products EX number is tested and approved each case of the product {not item but case} will have a sticker on the outside its lightly rainbow colored and reads Approved by AFSL, then its CPSC with their shennanigans but yeah they have a ajor hub right in the central Liuyang hunan China! Just an FYI

Steve
10-30-2018, 09:23 AM
Any reason they don't package these with colorful labels and names and market more to the common consumer?
Or license the "air burst" to other firework manufactures to be implemented in a broader range of 1.4 products.

joewad
10-30-2018, 03:11 PM
Been doing business with Carter since my first year of having FEL. Great guy, service and product. I've never seen tannerite cakes upon any of his catalogs. I'll have to give him a shout.

Talked with Carter Bell, he does not sell any tannerite cakes as I suspected. Appears your post about Bell Pyrotechnics i also a copy of a previous post of mine regarding something else. What gives??