PDA

View Full Version : I live in northeast pa. Wheres the cheapest/best deals stores around?

Eazyduzit
06-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Also ihave ve filled out the pa permit paper and just had my township fire chief sign it to buy fireworks.
People have said its not that easy but ive done it for years....

displayfireworks1
06-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Not sure how long you have been doing fireworks, if you had that same document prior to 2003 you would be able to purchase 1.3 fireworks without an ATF license. That all change in 2003. From 2003 onward, you must have the ATF license.

Eazyduzit
06-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Im 22. So only the last 3 years. Thought i put that guess i didnt. lol
But even this just says you need a permit so im confused. http://www.psp.pa.gov/public-safety/Pages/fireworks-safety.aspx#.V1NFsZErI2w

PyroJoeNEPA
06-04-2016, 07:20 PM
The Commonwealth does not issue permits for firework displays and does not oversee the issuance of permits by the municipalities. A permit for a fireworks display must be obtained from the municipality where the display will take place. The municipality is the only governing body with authority to issue this permit under reasonable rules and regulations adopted by them. Upon inspection of the display site by the fire chief, or other designated officer, and the posting of a bond of at least $500 for any possible damages, the municipality may issue a permit to a person they deem competent.
You have the correct info as listed above. Regarding that---The "bond" amount varies from place to place. Some municipalities do not require any, others ask for a larger amount.
I am in NEPA also. I get a permit each year but my show is 1.4g & 1.3g. Three stipulations for my permit from my township : 1. Have local Fire Company on site. 2. Notify Township Police in advance to eliminate an unnecessary "roll out" if they got a complaint or report call. 3. Notify PA State Police for same reasons as #2.
***check your PM box***

jknepp1954
06-05-2016, 07:39 AM
We at Kneppys Fireworks do offer to ALL PYRO TALK forum members a 30% off retail pricing. not the closest - but we feel we make it worth the while to stroll on over. hope to see you soon.

PyroManiacs
06-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Check your PM box.