PDA

View Full Version : Flash on Mambas, Cobras, Whistling Thunders, etc

Bobby Peru
05-21-2016, 10:57 PM
hi everyone.

I may have posed this questions before. I apologize if I'm repeating myself. Anyone know for certain the amount of flash in these things? I've heard anywhere from 1.5g to 3 g. The report, while a nice pop, doesn't sound like there's 3g. Maybe 1.5?

thanks for your input.

displayfireworks1
05-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Here are the specs on a Cobra 6. The have multiple size firecrackers
Country of origin: Italy
Effect: bright light and dull bang
Initiation: 4 - 5 cm of Green Visco Fuse 1,8mm
Delay: 4 - 5 sec.

Total weight of all compositions: 48,5 g
Weight of explosive composition: 28 g

Size: 29 x 134 mm

displayfireworks1
05-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Here is Cobra 1 firecrackers
http://www.pyrogate.eu/uploads/cz/283/300_cobra_1_firecracker_pyrogate.eu.jpg
Country of origin: Italy
Effect: light and dull bang
Initiation: 6 cm of Green Visco Fuse 2mm
Delay: 5 - 6 sec.

Total weight of all compositions: 13,5 g
Weight of explosive composition: 4,5 g

Size: 21 x 73 mm

Safety distance: at least 15 metres

http://www.pyrogate.eu/uploads/cz/278/300_tiger_boom_pp038tb_pyrogate.eu.jpg
Effect: bang
Initiation: 3 cm of Green Visco Fuse 2 mm
Delay: 3 sec.
Weight of composition: 3,1 g
Size: 17 x 55 mm
Country of origin: China
http://www.pyrogate.eu/uploads/cz/307/300_black_death_firecracker_pyrogate.jpg
Country of origin: Czech Republic
Initiation: 6 cm of Green Visco Fuse 3mm
Delay: 4 - 5 sec.
Weight of composition: 5 g
Size: 29 x 115 mm

http://www.pyrogate.eu/uploads/cz/266/300_delova_rana_titan_salute_50g_pyrogate.eu.jpg
Country of origin: Czech Republic
Initiation: 8 cm of Bickford fuse
Delay: 6 - 8 sec.
Weight of composition: 50 g
Size: 67 x 77 mm
http://www.pyrogate.eu/uploads/cz/279/300_dumbum_firecracker_p6a_pyrogate.eu.jpg
nitiation: 3 cm of Green Visco Fuse 1,6 mm
Delay: 3 sec.
Weight of explosive composition: 4 g
Size: 20 x 60 mm
Here is a sample of a few different sizes .

boomstick
05-22-2016, 03:08 PM
the new agary elfs are rellly good

Bobby Peru
05-22-2016, 07:58 PM
thanks, Dave.

I was inquiring about those pictured here. I would guess they're in the same class.

Thanks again

countryboy7978
05-22-2016, 09:02 PM
The only way to know for sure is to cut one open and weigh the contents. These crackers have been around for quite a while and have changed names at least 5 times. The flash content does seem to vary year to year but I would estimate the same 1-2 grams. 3 is pushing it. The old 4-rings (Meng Kong) crackers had far more report composition than the afore mentioned ones. Keep in mind that the quality of the flash powder is on the low end on most Chinese crackers. A full paper constructed salute like an M80 will have a much louder/sharper report due to the quality of chemicals used.

countryboy7978
05-22-2016, 09:06 PM
I also don't think those European crackers use as energetic of a flash composition as is used in the states. Those big profi crackers seem to use a slower mix.

ilovecrackle
05-22-2016, 09:34 PM
I was inquiring about those pictured here.

Good crackers. No idea their flash content but they do have a nice pop to them.

displayfireworks1
05-22-2016, 09:35 PM
At Bobby Peru
Those are good firecrackers designed for markets outside of United States. I recognize how they are packaged. You see those with different labels. I used those same type of firecrackers in one of my videos years back. I was told those are basically ThunderKing inserts with a fuse. They are made with multiple purpose. They get the Chinese to put 1.4 Consumer Fireworks on the label. Once you start to recognize what the stuff looks like you can find it pretty easily. I would be curious where you purchased them. Not the exact name but was it a retail outlet or non-retail outlet? If it was retail, it had to be a mom and pop independent as opposed to a chain store.

Bazerk
05-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Good crackers. No idea their flash content but they do have a nice pop to them.
LOL. My brother was mowing my lawn this past saturday and I threw one of these over the fence behind him and he literally hit the deck when it popped. It was freaking hilarious. I almost felt bad because he tweaked his back because of the way he jumped, but he survived so I laughed my ass off.

Bobby Peru
05-23-2016, 09:21 AM
@Display fireworks

Correct. Mom & Pop store

ilovecrackle
05-23-2016, 12:20 PM
LOL. My brother was mowing my lawn this past saturday and I threw one of these over the fence behind him and he literally hit the deck when it popped. It was freaking hilarious. I almost felt bad because he tweaked his back because of the way he jumped, but he survived so I laughed my ass off.

Yeah, I have a few cases of each of these. Super fun to light and definitely an attention getter. lol
I had a few packs of the Whistling ones (yellow) that had a little too much whistle mix in them and they would take off about 10-20 feet. Had to keep my eye on those ones. lol :p

PGH_Pyro
05-23-2016, 03:41 PM
theyre definetly not as potent as m-80/etc. not as bodacious in what i've seen .

PyroJoeNEPA
05-23-2016, 05:12 PM
Lots of the crackers with the "pre-burner color" making their way into the American market. Some are better than others. Want to know which are the loudest? Buy some whenever you see them.

ilovecrackle
05-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Lots of the crackers with the "pre-burner color" making their way into the American market. Some are better than others. Want to know which are the loudest? Buy some whenever you see them.

Most of these crackers have the pre-burner like you stated but the mamba crackers, at least the ones I got did not have the pre-burner which was kind of nice. :)

PGH_Pyro
05-24-2016, 11:10 AM
i dont mind the pre-burn flare stage ...it's more eye candy and it's an added safety feature ... you know youve got that flare stage for a second or 2 before it pops...

NWPA
05-24-2016, 12:05 PM
I have often read on line that the large charge crackers, such as Cobra and Profi, do not have as sharp or "strong" a composition as the old M80s or silver tubes, that we often compare them to.

RalphieJ
05-24-2016, 06:57 PM
.....deconstructed those items just to weigh the components. Whew. Having said that, If I had a few of those profi salutes I would lift them to about 30 feet. I have neighbors that would really appreciate them near the end of their displays. Hooting and hollering each one.

Bobby Peru
05-24-2016, 08:21 PM
I like em'! Pre burner or not. Just got some crazy robots too. So far I think the Cobra Crackers are the loudest.