PDA

View Full Version : Lighters

nayslayer
05-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Me and a few cigars buddies have gotten lighters here on the cheap. I hope this isn't against rules, and helps some folks out.

http://www.dx.com/c/hobbies-toys-899/lighters-809/gas-lighters-858

displayfireworks1
05-18-2016, 01:57 PM
I'll be honest, the internet and eBay must have thousands of those lighters. I personally found most of them useless for fireworks. The fireworks fuse spits back and disables the lighting mechanism. Same as those long stem grill lighters. I always laugh when I see people use them on video. Click, click, click is all you hear. There is a place and time for a cheap lighter but most serious enthusiast use propane or high quality butane torches. They are great particularly on windy days and nights. I may do a video about lighters. Now that I said that people that copy my video ideas will try to do one before I do.

nayslayer
05-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Good to know. I know I've purchased high end torch lighters, and they aren't much better than the cheap ones, and you don't feel bad when you lose it. May be ok for some of the backyard guys. I've just like using a punk stick for the small novelty stuff I've been messing around with.

ilovecrackle
05-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Good to know. I know I've purchased high end torch lighters, and they aren't much better than the cheap ones, and you don't feel bad when you lose it. May be ok for some of the backyard guys. I've just like using a punk stick for the small novelty stuff I've been messing around with.

Checkout the bernzomatic TS4000. Best torch ever! :D

PGH_Pyro
05-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Bernz-o-matic TS4000 is the only game in town for hand-lighting ... you can find them cheap on Ebay compared to what Home Depot / etc are charging ...

PyroJoeNEPA
05-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Ditto on the Bernz-o-matic TS4000. You have passed "pyro puberty" when you get one.

Captaindlapnuts
03-19-2017, 06:40 PM
That Bernzomatic torch is worth every penny spent.