PDA

View Full Version : ematch & igniters on same module

3 Fingers
05-02-2016, 04:15 PM
A question for Scott....If you wanted to fire 10 cues using talons and the other 8 cues with ematch, which setting on the module would work best? I'm guessing talon setting but not sure. Any other advice when mixing ematch and talons on one module would be very welcome!!

cobrafiringsystems
05-02-2016, 07:15 PM
A question for Scott....If you wanted to fire 10 cues using talons and the other 8 cues with ematch, which setting on the module would work best? I'm guessing talon setting but not sure. Any other advice when mixing ematch and talons on one module would be very welcome!!

Happy to help.

If I am firing e-match and Talon igniter clips on the same module, what mode do I use?

Set the 18M to Talon mode by pressing SYNC and CH+ at the same time on the 18M. This will display 2.0 on the channel display. We also suggest a minimum two second delay between cues. The risk with firng e-match in Talon mode is if the e-match becomes a shorted circuit (a.k.a. ghost match) after firing, it will draw full current from the battery as a direct short. Since Talon mode fires cues for a full two seconds, if two e-matches are fired in a two second time period and the first e-match has shorted, the 2nd e-match won't fire. This is a rare event, however to avoid this we suggest having a full two seconds between cues.

Northern Sky
05-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Be careful using modules with settings in a show. I would suggest keeping them all on the same firing mode and changing them on site during setup or having designated modules set aside specificly for this instance and changing them back before removing the e-matches.

I've experienced this first hand. Let me tell you; there is a sinking feeling when your finale stops firing after the first couple of cues and you have no idea why.

3 Fingers
05-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Thank you very much!