PDA

View Full Version : Same frequency question

silvy44
05-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Hello everyone I'm new to the site but am a frequent to the site itself.A co-worker and myself buy fireworks every year, well for 3 yrs we hand lit them up until last year when he decided to purchase a 12 cue wireless system and man did that change the way we looked at backyard firework shows.Well because we had so many fireworks (at least in our eyes) we had to piggyback 5 cakes which made me nervous just from firing purposes, I enjoyed using it so much that I decided to purchase one myself, of course I bought the same style 12 cue system.He bought his off ebay from china and I bought mine from a company here in the states although I'm sure they're both made in china.My question is this and I didn't think about it until he brought it up to me, being that they are the same identical system, if I hook up 12 cakes to his 12 cues and hook up 12 cakes to mine, when I click on button #1 on either remote will it fire both cakes that are wired to the 1st cue on either system at the same time?
Thanks everyone
Silvy44
Huge wfboom fan
Fireworks list for this year
I buy everything in cases
2-High stepper 1 cake to start the show 3 for the finale
1 Blast Furnace
1-Chaotic
1-power 14
1-Power 9
1-Sweet 16
1-Battlefield
1-Blast Radius
1 case of roman candles for two separate racks also for the finale

JoeR
05-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Please give some more information on each system.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Most of the "China" systems are on one of two frequency groups---one system operates at 434 Mhz & the other at 315Mhz. What you need to do is get the two units together & test fire an ignitor [or Talon] to see if they both go off at the same time. An easier way to do it without using up ignitors is to scrounge up an old set of Christmas tree lights ---not the new LED ones, and not the very old ones with the big bubs--the ones everyone has been using prior to the led lights coming out.
Cut the bulbs apart with a few inches of wire on each end. Strip the wire & insert the ends into the clips. Hit the button & you will see one of two things happen: The bulbs have different voltage ratings depending on the number of lights in the string. Some only take 1 1/2-2 volts while others can take up to 9 volts. Either the bulb will flash quickly & burn out [that is ok--it shows it worked] or it will stay lit while the fire button is held down[and you can use the bulb again for testing].
I keep a bag full of the lamps for testing purposes--usually buy strings of lights after Christmas at the 80% off sale or get them for a buck or two at a Goodwill type store.
If you have a lamp in cue #1 on both units & both fire with one of the remotes you will know you can not use them as separate cues. If only one lamp fires, then you are in business.
Good luck. I hope this helps....and, by the way---welcome to PyroTalk.

djsmurf
05-01-2016, 10:39 PM
PyroJoeNEPA had some good points. Again like JoeR said not knowing the system type it is hard to help. If I remember right the remote from my old China built firing system had the operation Mhz on a sticker on the back. Not sure if there was a way to change it, i'll dig mine out and have a look.

Welcome, glad you decided to join the forum, nice little WFboom show you have planned there.

silvy44
06-04-2016, 11:49 AM
So last night I took one of the 4 roman candle racks I built over to my buddies house along with both our systems and hook them up and test.We hooked up an igniter to a pack of firecrackers on his system and the candle rack to my system, armed both of them and bingo, the crackers on his system went off but the rack was fine on my system.What a great feeling that was.
Last night was the first time ever experiencing 24 candles going off in a rack at the same time. I've watched a lot of videos on racks but there's nothing like the thrill of watching them in person.Im stoked for the 4th
Have a good one guys
one other note everyone might appreciate, to take safety precautions a step further I decided to build wood boxes for every single piece we have in case a cake was to decide to blow out the side, I'm sure the majority have seen this happen before, I know I have, we always have peoples safety in my mind. That's always a concern every yr
Ok fellas, have a good one

PyroJoeNEPA
06-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you!