PDA

View Full Version : Spit Devil Sample Case

displayfireworks1
04-21-2016, 09:07 PM
The Chemist45 sent this to me, he wanted me to post it. Great find.
Unlisted Video and pictures at end of video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6LGZb-ttsI

RalphieJ
04-24-2016, 12:53 AM
My Mom (who I can give majority blame to my obsession) told me that those 'scuffers' were her favorite. But, like everything else fireworks related, they as kids didn't follow directions and scratched them on the sidewalk holding them in their hands! And you wonder why cherry bombs were banned?

Pyro Paul
08-02-2016, 10:19 PM
I remember my grandpa telling me about these when I was a boy, he was the one that nurtured my love of fireworks with his story of making firecrackers from black powder he scrounged from the empty bp cans at the quarry and his favorite story was one he told about putting a chunk of black carbide into a paint can with a hole punched in the bottom. He would spit on the carbide and slap the lid on, then lay it sideways on the ground with his foot on it to hold it in place while lighting a match and holding it to the hole punched in the bottom of the can. The spit on the black carbide made acetylene gas which when lit would blow the lid off of the can several feet. The true poor man's firecracker!! He also taught me how to use an acetylene torch properly on the 4th of July (I swear he could make the ground shake) ;)

halk
08-25-2016, 10:34 PM
They look like cane ends to me. Some shot caps and some used pellets. Some were autoloaders. Never scratched, they were always poked straight down and were at one time popular noisemakers at political rallies.