PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on firing systems

dzlsnowman
04-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Hey guys,
New to the forum.

I'm looking to buy a new firing system this year and I was wondering what you guys prefer and recommend? I only do my own private family show every year but it's a big one. I've got a line on a used (Bought new in 2010) pyromate 96 cue but I think the asking price is a little high. $1700.00
I've been looking at ace pyro and cobra but I thought I'd get some opinions on what you guys use. I'd like to have minimum 50 cues.
Thanks

displayfireworks1
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
If you feel comfortable telling us what is your fireworks budget. When you do a display how much do you usually spend on fireworks. Also are you ATF licensed or just using Consumer Fireworks?

ilovecrackle
04-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Hey guys,
New to the forum.

I'm looking to buy a new firing system this year and I was wondering what you guys prefer and recommend? I only do my own private family show every year but it's a big one. I've got a line on a used (Bought new in 2010) pyromate 96 cue but I think the asking price is a little high. $1700.00
I've been looking at ace pyro and cobra but I thought I'd get some opinions on what you guys use. I'd like to have minimum 50 cues.
Thanks

Quite a few people have cobras and love them. Me personally, iv had a cobra for over a year now and have never used it. Not because it's not a great system, it is. I just do not shoot Pyro-musicals so I have another system that suites my needs better than the cobra.
But the cobra comes highly recommended.

Iv also seen the firetek system (I hope I spelled that right) that Dave has talked about and reviewed on here looks like a good system. He would be able to provide more details on it since he has used it personally.

dzlsnowman
04-10-2016, 06:31 AM
I carry an ATF license and also a PGI certified operators license. I usually bring in $4-$5k worth of class b product from a few vendors as well as some class c.

fireTEK
04-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,
New to the forum.

Thanks

Hi
I am Laurian from fireTEK. Do you saw our system specifications? It is a professional system with the affordable price per cue (starts on $11). You can fire manual and/or automatic with or without music. You can control the system wireless using our FTM-99S remote, an Android Smartphone via Bluetooth (range tested on 250'' Line of Sight), Computer via USB, External trigger, Time code, Panel buttons or even a small 2 buttons remote. The accuracy it is 1ms (1/1000 seconds), the range on wireless can be up to 2 miles LoS or even more if you use hops(all the modules act as a repeater). All the software we offer it is free of charge. You can also use excel to make scripts or Finale fireworks. You can see more information about the system on our website: www.ftek.eu
If you have any questions please send me an email on office@ftek.eu.

dzlsnowman
04-10-2016, 03:54 PM
I don't need anything big and fancy. That's why I'm passing on the pyromate. Looking for a nice affordable system that I can use to set off all the cakes, finale, and big shells with. The rest gets set off with road flares.

fireTEK
04-10-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't need anything big and fancy. That's why I'm passing on the pyromate. Looking for a nice affordable system that I can use to set off all the cakes, finale, and big shells with. The rest gets set off with road flares.

For sure fireTEK it is not big... it is really small one (dimensions for FTM-99S remote: 7.5*4*1.5 inches and FTH-48E firing module: 8*4.4*1 inches). If you consider some specifications fancy you don't need to use it and neither pay for it (some of them are options and you don't need to buy it).
Do you intend to fire manual or automatic?

djsmurf
04-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the Forum! I have a Cobra system, new this year and so far love it. Scott is very easy to work with if you have questions. Cobra has package deals listed on their website. Have also seen and heard good things about the fireTEK. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

dzlsnowman
04-10-2016, 06:58 PM
I would like to fire everything manual. All I do is our own display and sometimes a friends display for the fourth.

djsmurf
04-10-2016, 11:03 PM
I would like to fire everything manual. All I do is our own display and sometimes a friends display for the fourth.

You can manual fire with a cobra system, it is actually less expensive to get into their 18R model which does not have the ability to script and auto fire a show. Have you thought about a nail board system? Old, basic, but gets the job done. I would go mad trying to manually fire a $4-$5k show. But your only doing it once a year.

zzzybil
04-11-2016, 07:21 AM
LOVE my cobra system ..... only a couple mods and scripting with cobra script creator program is easy . Just a backyard hero but cobra makes it so easy to look like a genius. I started with the cheap chinese ebay sets. Those are super cheap and work great !maybe all you need ? ( I prefer the lil double cue and have 2 sets )......I like the ability to separate products easily with the 2 cue boxes. Just as easy with the 18cue cobra mods but longr igniters are necessary.

adding music and scripting ABSOLUTLEY AMPS UP THE DRAMA AND EMOTION of a show but yuh don't have to . Cobra can fire individually , step , sequential or with a script. I think it's a natural progression to scripting . Yuh actually get to watch your show WITH your audience IN A LAWN CHAIR.

yES we hand fired some stuff over the bayou earlier in the evening but the midnight autofired script to music was ((( spectacular )))

I also liked knowing everything was DONE , taped/fenced off at safe distance - only a remote to turn on and press ''go'' I didn't have to stay sober to trip around safely between explosives in the dark. We set up that morning and closed it off....... i enjoyed the party with everyone else.

IDK about the other systems .......I picked cobra and scott for HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE and the fact that i can add a mod for more cues anytime and gradually build my collection......... my next goal is his audiobox

Pyro@Mach13
04-11-2016, 07:38 AM
I used the 4 cue style system and liked it, but noting better than sitting back and enjoying your hard work, so I use the Cobra System. Have the 18R2 - Audio Box and 11 18M's with access to more when needed for my 4th show.

Npntransistor
04-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Another consideration for what it's worth. If you ever decide to go a different route or get out of it the Cobra seems to holds its value and move quickly. This may not be an issue but as far as protecting the hobby fund finances is a perk.

CTPYRO
04-11-2016, 09:43 AM
I think it all depends on what your needs really are. I just finally bought a cobra 18R2 and a few mods... this will work fine for me when I'm leading a show so I can fire any multi shot boxes and the finale and still have my guys fire the body manually

Westpapyro
04-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Opinions on Firing Systems?
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and most all of them stink!
Lol

I'm A Cobra guy!

ilovecrackle
04-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Opinions on Firing Systems?
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and most all of them stink!
Lol

Wins the internet! LOL :p

dzlsnowman
04-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys