PDA

View Full Version : David Bowie anyone?

Zuul
03-27-2016, 03:13 AM
In honor of the legend - I was thinking of starting the show with "Under Pressure" this year. Unfortunately the end of the song just fades away. Anyone got any better ideas? Or any suggestions on how to end?

Westpapyro
03-27-2016, 08:35 AM
Use Audacity to clip off and fade song. It's free software for music editing.

JoeR
03-27-2016, 09:39 PM
x2. You do not necessarily have to end every section or song on a strong beat.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Agree with both posts above. Take some time & learn how to use Audacity. It is a great program & is free! There are many features in there such as fade in & fade out, crossfade, amplify, compression, etc. that will let you do wonders with any sound tracks. With a little practice you can even "beat sync" from one song to another without any noticeable transition. It just takes a little time & patience.
I'm a retired Audio Engineer & I bought a software program [Steinberg Wave Lab] many years ago that cost around $700.00 and the free Audacity program does everything that software did, and more, for free! Gotta love the internet!!!

Zuul
03-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Thanks guys. I don't need Audacity although I agree with y'all that it's a great program. I'm using iMovie which also does a fine job of editing the song. What I need help with is what kind of pyrotechnics to pair with such a song. What do you folks do visually when a song doesn't end with a bang?

PyroJoeNEPA
03-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Willows or Golden Brocades filling the sky always make for an "OOOOH" factor with the audience in a "soft ending".

Westpapyro
03-29-2016, 10:52 AM
You can end it anyway you want. I have seen brocades, mostly 1.3 long hanging or in 1.4 I've seen horsetails shot and spread out, looked great if you think you want "soft". But you can build up an up tempo ending somewhat then a few seconds after song ends hit final with no music. Lots of salutes, lol.

JoeR
03-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Brocades are always great. Another option is to add in some glittering comets shot at a slow pace, paired with glittering shells, and let things kind of twinkle out.

N3OQO
03-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Audio software will allow you to cut it off anywhere you wish. I'm not into pyro musicals for my own show but maybe someday. I am also a rock drummer, and if it was me personally, I would look to create a hard stop/cutoff highlighted with some salutes of some type.

PGH_Pyro
03-31-2016, 03:18 PM
yeah im a drummer, as well and love the idea of marking accent/climax points in songs with punchy salutes . just seems appropriate eh ?

JoeR
03-31-2016, 04:04 PM
It can all look great... it is whatever the show creator envisions. I have done abrupt cut-off's and end on a hard note, or a slow fade out with the fireworks fading out.... then letting that lead into the next song. Many different options, just make sure fireworks match the music and vice versa.

Zuul
04-03-2016, 02:41 AM
Great suggestions. Thanks everyone!