PDA

View Full Version : Tannerite M-25 air burst cake video

ddadmin
06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
This is video ofthe M-25 Tannerite product I tested a while back. In case anyone missed it Iwill include it here. Tannerite and Tannerite Pyrotechnics will soon have their banner posted on the pyrotalk.com sponsor page.

This item is an “Article of Pyrotechnics” it is classified as a 1.4 item that requires no storage. Remember the classification “Articles of Pyrotechnics” are sold to professionals or those that have demonstrated some proficiencyin pyrotechnics.
Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4GA14G2gcQ

Pyro Nation
06-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks.... Dave... I am looking to use some of these soon... In place of thunder kings to see how they are compared

J's12talk
06-22-2011, 09:59 PM
The M-25 air burst cake is far better than the thunder prince noise wise. Price wise you can buy five thunder princes for the price of one M-25. Thunder princes you need a type 54 permit and must store them in a mag. The M-25 you need less credentials and no storage issues. I've seen a lot of Tannerites products in action and they are all quite good.

Pyro Nation
06-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks J..... I will be looking forward to getting them for next show...

californiapyro
06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
what's the price on these?

Pyro Nation
06-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks like 190 a case of 8.... then ya need to add in shipping and hazmat fee

pyropep
06-29-2011, 07:10 PM
That looks like they cost $23.75 each before shipping? We buy Brothers 25 shot Thunder Kings for $5.38 each and the 100 shot TK's for $23.65 each.

Pyro Nation
06-29-2011, 07:45 PM
yeah,,,,, but if you dont have the ATF type 54, but if ya have a PGI cert or cracker jack or something of that cert you can get these... Thats where they come in for ya...

J's12talk
06-29-2011, 10:10 PM
For those that live or have a very rural location to play, don't overlook their primary product. Their two part rifle targets are the best. From zero to hero you can make as big a boom as you want. Check out Daves video on this, just keep in mind that if you don't have the right place or experience there's going to be trouble.

Pyro Nation
08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Well, just placed a order with Dan from Tannerite today. Tell ya what... I like this company. Very nice to deal with.... Ordered some 25 Shot Air burst, some of the Multi Effect cakes, mines, and some class C cakes since there was room in the box..lol...

oh DAVE.... Dan says HI...lol

displayfireworks1
08-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I am glad to hear you purchased some of the M-25’s. I have been in communication with Dan at Tannerite, he told me he just received a new shipment of the M-25’s in. I do not want to reveal the number of cases he has in but availability should not be a problem for a while. If I can get his attention long enough I am going to help him market these products to some of the people that advertise on my website. Then these cakes will be within a driving distance for some of us. There is one distributor in Pennsylvania right now that I am hoping to add to my list of advertisers soon. These cakes particularly the M-25 will be a great addition to the “Backyard” fireworks person with a firing system. The real beauty of these Articles of Pyrotechnics products is they do not require special storage.

Pyro Nation
08-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Exactly.... Hope you get this happening would be pretty cool to get these for others...

shellshocker
08-03-2011, 06:09 AM
I shot these this year in a show. They are very impressive cakes.

BJV1
08-03-2011, 08:42 AM
You can't go wrong with any of Tannerite's products. There service is great.
Here is a photo of a couple of cakes I shot this year. They are just unbelievable.
BJV1
http://www.pyrobin.com/files/tannerite cakes.jpg

Pyro Nation
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Nice to hear this from others that have used them... Yeah. Dan seemed like a great guy to deal with him. Now just my first time so cant wait till I get the items..lol

displayfireworks1
08-03-2011, 08:55 PM

This is what the new label looks like

Pyro Nation
08-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Looks like i will be seeing the new ones then soon.... or might get the orange wrapper... guess I will wait and see..

I got the 25 shot Air Burst, the 25 Multi Shot effect, some cannon simulators, and the 11 shot mine's..

OregonPyro1980
08-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I picked up a case of these for the 4th and modified the shot timing by inserting PyroDirect's Quick fuse. This video starts out with pics of the set up and then the actual video (at night which looked cool because they have tails which I didn't know about). I shot 4 cakes off at once which was a neat effect. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHRWED31WSU

Pyro Nation
08-04-2011, 12:16 AM
NICE Oregon Pyro.... Was thinking how they would look if a few were put together... Thanks for the video

Would say that looks like THUNDER KING..lol

Palermitano2
08-04-2011, 01:47 PM

This is what the new label looks like

Looks like you stocked up on them.......lol

Pyro Nation
08-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Got my shipment from Tannerite coming on Wednesday...Can't wait

Ti_Salute
08-11-2011, 09:27 PM
i have shot many of these with my friend whom is a tannerite dealer.....glad i never had to pay for these.....many other TK type cakes out there that hit much much harder

Pyro Nation
08-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah... there are those out there..but as I have said before.... Those without a Type 54 can not access thunder kings and would be able to access these

eldridgejoe
08-13-2011, 11:16 PM
The M-25 air burst cake is far better than the thunder prince noise wise. Price wise you can buy five thunder princes for the price of one M-25. Thunder princes you need a type 54 permit and must store them in a mag. The M-25 you need less credentials and no storage issues. I've seen a lot of Tannerites products in action and they are all quite good.

Indeed +1...

mike
10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I still think the M-25s are still pricy even without the 54. You can find a '1.4 labeled' tk for cheaper than the M-25s. Although, I think these are a great alternative when the 1.4 label tks disappear, they're still pricy.

pyro92
10-14-2011, 02:10 PM
If I have a certificate from a PGI shooters course would I be able to get these? Or do I need to be a member of a club?

Pyro Nation
10-14-2011, 03:29 PM
U need to show competence in shooting fireworks... I believe that should be enough, but just give Dan at tannerite a call and talk with him. He is a great guy and works with ya

indianahx
10-14-2011, 05:03 PM
There is no such thing as a 1.4 thunderking.....anything with salutes in it is 1.3 and needs a batfe 54 to purchase. Anything otherwise is illegal to possess or purchase.

mike
10-18-2011, 01:56 AM
There is no such thing as a 1.4 thunderking.....anything with salutes in it is 1.3 and needs a batfe 54 to purchase. Anything otherwise is illegal to possess or purchase.

I said labeled 1.4, not true 1.4.

So, what you're saying is that if I go to the local pyro store, and get a 25 shot 'christmas cake' that's a tk and completly labeled 1.4, I can go to jail, I think not.

indianahx
10-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Im saying you can't buy anything "on a shelf" that contains salutes. If you do its not salutes its an overload. Anything with salutes requires a batfe license to purchase. You'll go to a "facility" and find that your "christmas cake" can only be bought by the case and is sitting in a big "magazine". Jail was never mentioned. Just like speeding. Broken law every day . I said buying or possessing 1.3 without proper licensing is prohibited.

Palermitano2
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Im saying you can't buy anything "on a shelf" that contains salutes. If you do its not salutes its an overload. Anything with salutes requires a batfe license to purchase. You'll go to a "facility" and find that your "christmas cake" can only be bought by the case and is sitting in a big "magazine". Jail was never mentioned. Just like speeding. Broken law every day . I said buying or possessing 1.3 without proper licensing is prohibited.

Well said.....prohibited and fround upon in these parts.......

indianahx
10-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Well said.....prohibited and fround upon in these parts.......

'a Thank ya!!

Pyro Nation
10-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Ok...Subject is way off from the O.P....... Lets get back to what this thread is for... the M-25

J's12talk
10-18-2011, 08:39 PM
If you have no type 54 permit they are pretty much your only option. With that being said whatever their price might be it is worth it. If you have a type 54 permit don't waste your money, you would do far better with something like the B.O.S.S. salute rows. They have a far bigger bang, multiple angles and speeds. They also come in Ti with tails or the classic flash bang.

UniversalPyro
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree, the B.O.S.S. offers you more for the money and variety.

Tannerite
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi folks.
Just logged in tonight for the first time as stated on the other page. Just wanted to reiterate that we're not trying to compete price-wise with anyone or any product. Just doing our own thing for the passion and hopefully derive a profit of some kind from the overwhelming work involved in the manufacture/approval processes. We're not trying to compete with miss-labeled thunder kings. Just trying to provide a safe, legal, reliable product with a little noise that is in compliance and doesn't require a federal license or a type 2 mag. Sure, everyone likes to make a little noise now and then. That's why we are pyros. For Veteran's parades and similar ceremonies, they want a "21 Gun Salute" effect and a Whistling Pete just doesn't work for that application. My love for pyro is all-inclusive, from fountains to high-ex. My Father said when I was born, the doctor smacked me on the back and a silver salute popped out of my mouth. (Before CPSC regs)
As for pricing, the market and technicians have ultimate say in the end. We want a fair price for a quality product and are willing to listen to what our customers have to say with regards to this issue. First-time ventures are always more costly than a person thinks. Stand by for some unique, never before seen special effects in 2012, and never hesitate to call me direct.
Dan

Tannerite
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
For the most part.... yes. Anything labeled "Consumer Firework" that has more than 130 Milligrams of flash is a non-compliant UN0336 and a federal crime to import...not just an administrative rule. And the comment "Off the shelf" is true and accurate as well. UN0431 articles can't be purchased 'off the shelf'. They are for professional use by competent techs. We sell the famous cannon simulators with 9 grams of flash in them to law enforcement and fire authorities and competent technicians. They are a 1.4G close-prox item, and they don't require a federal license or storage. But they can NOT be sold 'off the shelf' and they can't be purchased by the general public. I actually agree with CPSC on their guidelines for consumer fireworks, considering "Consumer Fireworks" are fair game for any kid or mentally defective person to purchase on a federal level. If a person wants professional 1.4G, then get papered up or prove your competency. If you want 1.3G, get a federal license and storage mag. It's not that hard if you love the art.

Pyro Nation
12-01-2011, 12:38 AM
And those Cannon simulators are AWESOME.... Great BANG and Flash from them..

PyroJoeNEPA
12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
And those Cannon simulators are AWESOME.... Great BANG and Flash from them..
+1 on that! I was there when Pyroliffic set one off--IMPRESSIVE is the only word to describe it. An excellent product line IMO.

indianahx
12-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the boards here Dan. Looks like you're doing something right because it seems like the guys on here who have seen your stuff in person seem to enjoy what you have to offer!

Pyro Nation
12-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Very much so.... I plan on ordering a bunch more of the cannon simulators for a start of a show....

Easternpapyro
02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
i currently have a case of the m-25's and am very excited to try them i was told the video doesnt do it justice you have to see them in person

Pyro Nation
02-19-2012, 12:48 PM
It is very true..... In person you hear they ARE a lot louder and look very nice in the dark

Palermitano2
02-19-2012, 07:57 PM
It is very true..... In person you hear they ARE a lot louder and look very nice in the dark

Are they louder then a TK?

Easternpapyro
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
ive heard they are but i heard that they have no flash anybody have input on this

Pyro Nation
02-19-2012, 09:40 PM
They are louder than a TK in my opinion....

georgiapyro
03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Has anyone purchased this cake from Bigs? I have a wholesale login with them and the price is about $100 for a case of 8. I would buy some fairly quickly, but not sure if you have to meet their $3000 minimum for wholesale purchases. Anyone know?

indianahx
03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Contact them and talk to them about it. If you've never ordered with them before (aka first time customer) then I believe the minimum stands. I would call or email regardless.

Edit: regardless if this is from bigs or tannerite themselves its the same m-25 cake. No different.

displayfireworks1
03-27-2012, 01:09 AM
The last word I got was BIGS fireworks purchased near all of the Articles of Pyrotechnics Air Burst cake from Tannerite. That was a few months ago. Tannerite was scheduled to get in a new shipment of 100 shot “Air Burst” Articles of Pyrotechnic cakes. He is also going to have varying forms of AP cakes with flash broke colors with “Air Burst” flights. Once you get approved on certain formulas and effects you are then able to use them in combination. An example would be a cake starts with a flight of 5 air burst , then goes into 10 color breaks (flash broke) then finishes with a flight of 5 air burst. And the entire cake is really not even classified as fireworks. It is an “Article of Pyrotechnic”.
I keep trying to convince some of advertisers to sell these Articles of Pyrotechnics so we can access them easier. I may be testing the 100 shot airburst cake in the near future.
I know there are a few distributors selling them that are not part of my website so please do not mention them.

flynlr
04-30-2012, 04:28 AM
I managed to get a couple cases of these from Bigs a few weeks ago . and a friend filmed the demo i did of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYOI2Dni5Wo
I was happy with the performance. if using in a display id like to do the fast fuse mod on them .