PDA

View Full Version : Firework Permits

Ziggirat
06-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Ok I Live In Ohio I DONT have a Atf license i wanna shoot 1.4G fireworks is it possible to get a permit without a ATF license in Ohio

Pyro Nation
06-22-2011, 08:01 PM
I believe so.... Think ya need to prove you are trained in some way though.... Sure Ohio guys will chime in... The ATF really is only for 1.3G firework items.

Xplosive
06-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Here is what I found!!! Hope it helps!

Q. Who is required to have a fireworks exhibitor license?
A. Any person who wishes to be an exhibitor (commonly referred to as a "lead shooter") of
indoor, outdoor, theatrical, or special effects fireworks in Ohio.
Q. What are the minimum qualifications for a new fireworks exhibitor license?
A. As outlined in the OFC every applicant for a new fireworks exhibitor license shall:
1. Submit a properly completed application on a form prescribed by the State Fire
Marshal along with the $50 fee.
2. Submit with the application one (1) of the following:
o Written and signed documentation from an Ohio licensed fireworks exhibitor,
manufacturer, or wholesaler attesting to the applicant’s proficiency in the
handling and discharging of fireworks in a manner that emphasizes the safety
and security of the public, or
o A copy of a valid license issued by another state authorizing the applicant to
conduct all types of fireworks exhibitions and discharging any and all types of
"1.3G" fireworks.
3. Provide evidence that you do not have any felony convictions.
4. Pass the Fireworks Exhibitor Licensing Exam with a score of 70% or higher.
The application can be downloaded from www.com.ohio.gov or copied from the forms
section of this publication.

Full link http://www.com.state.oh.us/fire/docs/RedBookOutdoorDisplays.pdf

Xplosive
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Q. Does the State Fire Marshal issue the Permit for the Exhibition of Fireworks?
A. No. Under current state law, only a local fire and police chief/sheriff can issue permits for the exhibition of fireworks in Ohio. The applicant must be a licensed exhibitor and the fireworks must be purchased from a licensed wholesaler, manufacturer, or out-of-state shipper. The applicant must have appropriate insurance and the exhibition must comply with the safety provisions of the Ohio Revised Code and Fire Code (see O.R.C. 3743.50 through 3743.56).

Pyro Nation
06-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Again...that seems to pertain to the 1.3G Items

crackerbomb
06-22-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't think it matters in Ohio 1.3g or 1.4 you must go through all of the hopes. I looked into getting these permits and the insurance. Well I didn't go get it, I figured it would be my best interest and follow our great state laws. LOL.........

J's12talk
06-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Find out how much the fine is for shooting fireworks without a permit. It might just be worth shooting without the permit and paying the fine if caught. If you shoot on the 4th of July odds are you won't have a problem unless someone complains.

crackerbomb
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm pleading the 5th on that one.

J's12talk
06-22-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm pleading the 5th on that one.

Yea, I didn't just say that.