PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Petition to change Consumer Firework law

Wood_Ohio
06-21-2011, 07:31 PM
As all of our fellow non-54 holders in Ohio and everybody else knows that the only "fireworks" allowed are sparklers and poppers, snakes, smoke bombs, etc. I found this petition online that could use some help in the repeal of a ban on 1.4g consumer fireworks. I would appreciate it if anyone would give a moments time to sign it, there are 3XX signatures, I know a lot more will be needed to even give it thought to the rule makers. Thanks for your signatures and trying to help Ohio get 1.4g legal!

http://www.petitiononline.com/FWLR7908/petition.html

crackerbomb
06-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Its funny you found this. I signed it yesterday and sent a email to the Governor about this issue. I hope it works, but we all know how the goverment works.

Wood_Ohio
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
I also posted the petition on his facebook wall for people to see too.

crackerbomb
06-21-2011, 11:43 PM
well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xplosive
06-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Hell yeah! We need a lot more signatures though! Ohio has the dumbest law out there period!

Pyro@Mach13
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Hell yeah! We need a lot more signatures though! Ohio has the dumbest law out there period!

second dumbest - you forgot about NY! haha

thechemist45
06-22-2011, 02:18 PM
I had Keith Richards Sighn it Of The Rolling Stones besides other issues He pulls weight more than we do as he gives tax write off And so does The Band The Rolling Stones So they do listen a bit when they even see his name! So I also wrote to that! I am in Ct. But it don't matter it bothers me. Everyone goes to PA to get stuff And everyone But PA residents can enjoy what PA sells! NAAH somethings wrong there! Well don't ever give up!?? Why?? I with my high powered rocketry club TRIPOLI Just won a ten year battle against the ATF!!!!!!! Thats right WE proved that the burn rate of Amonium perchlorate which we use and so does nasa in there solid fuel boosters is NOT Explosive thats right And we won. And all the members money that went into fighting the case over the last ten years the ATF has to give back to our club! Hows that! Look it up on Rocketryplanet.com Judge Reggie G Walton High Power rocket motors We Won after 10 years How many people can say they and there club beat the ATF! ? That was sweat especially since they were lying all these years making people get permits to buy transport and store there AP rocket motors. I'm already licensed But no people who are not do not need to be licensed and can but high power rocket motors Now the size of the motors after hobby size is now just determined on what level you are It goes level 1-2-3 I'm 3 But anyway We don't give up. Thats also why alway's be safe! Because in those ten years we fought we did not have one club accident that was vital to show we are safe about are hobby. So thats why people must be safe and not do anything that may get them in the news or the police blotter as that affects us all and any future law changes to! Me Vigil & safe this 4th And every 4th

Pyro@Mach13
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
cool news 45! I wanted to expand into HP but the limitations killed me. Hopefully prices will come down now too!

thechemist45
06-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm in Ct. I am a member with Metra#94 Pine island ny. It's 60 minutes from my home off exit 9. Anyway There are great kits that you can get an use hobby size up to the letter G. without being certified or having to belong to a club that calls the faa to get a waiver to fly to a certain altitude that day. Yet a G hobby motor will take there 1lb+ kits to over 1 mile And then deploy the chute. After you launch a few of them. Then you get a small 70.00 rocket kit from my friend Barry Lynch At LochprecisionHighpowerrocketry. Type that in on your browser. So you look through the rockets EG I used the LOC Bullet to get my level 1 The cool part is you can spend up to 3,000 on a rocket made of fiberglass & have car place professionally paint it which some do! Or you can fly for as little as a 70.00 rocket in level 1 I am in the middle I like to fly I & J motors in my 7ftx12 round rocket I made it from a high power kit I also got that from Loc precision It's called the Door Knob I added a 30 inch extension though and made it two ft longer. I like motor deploy for the chute to blow out But then your chute comes out when the rocket reaches it peak altitude & therefore if you put to big of a motor & go to high the Rocket could to drift into the next state lol Then you would lose your reuseable motor case that start at 69.00 & go up to 300.00 for huge motors Anyway that"s why we use as we go larger and higher altimeters that pop a small drouge chute to let the rocket free fall straight until about 800feet then it Blows another charge and opens up the main chute that way your rocket can go up 3 miles and not drift to far from where it was launched. But motor deploy is easier. And I like to do it that way. So I just make lower flights to say 2,300 and it goes out of site and I have a nice flight with a 7ft x 12 rocket and it comes back on the big field. You should look on the computer & check out a launch near you. Go to one you will be a changed person lol

Pyro Nation
06-23-2011, 09:39 PM
AS a kid I played around with model rockets quite a bit. Remember how much I enjoyed building them with friends and family... I think we bought most from a local hobby store, but do remember a Kay Bee Toy store having some to