PDA

View Full Version : Best Music To Put A Show To?

Wood_Ohio
06-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I have a set-list but I believe I need some more variety, maybe a few patriotic songs in there as well.
1)Kickstart My Heart-MC
2)Hinder-Born To Be Wild Cover (Steppenwolf)
3)Dr. Feelgood-MC
4)Opening for Hoobastank's "Every Man for Himself" featuring R. Lee Ermey AKA Gunny
5)Boston- Star Spangled Banner/July 4th Reprise
6)Black Stone Cherry-Change(New Album)
7)Metallica-Fuel
8)Metallica-Whiskey In The Jar(Cover Irish folksong)

I'm also thinking of putting Ozzy's-Let Me Hear You Scream.
Any Idea's?

californiapyro
06-19-2011, 07:29 PM
well i'd probably put a slow song in there at the beginning, just so that the song after is a contrast and you can put a bunch of pyro in the air at the transition.

Pyro Nation
06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
I actually...was playing around with FIRESTARTER - Prodigy and BLOW - Kesha

for this year... think I got it down, but only time will tell

nrubmx
06-19-2011, 08:17 PM
thunderstruck- ac/dc
sweet home alabama-lynyrd skynyrd

maybe

Wood_Ohio
06-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I added in "For those about to rock" for the canon salute part in the song :D

PyroJoeNEPA
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
It really depends on the "flavor" of your show--who your audience is & what you want to achieve. I'm an audio engineer by trade so I spend a good amount of time developing the flow & transitions for my PyroMusicals. My annual 4th of July shoot [July 2nd this year] has a lot of us "older folks" there--many veterans so I tend to be more on the patriotic music side--ie: doing a tribute to the branches of the Armed Forces [mines, comets & aerials], 911 tribute with "Where Were You" by Alan Jackson for that, America The Beautiful [35' Waterfalls], Opener is a cut from 2001 Space Odyssey-Zarthustra, so you see, for this crowd I certainly wouldn't use Metallica, Little Kim, Buck Cherry, or Eminem. Now, if the crowd was different, then the music would be different. Use whatever you think works for your crowd & the effects you are planning. One thing--Don't forget what the 4th of July is all about & do get something patriotic in there--even if it is Boston's Star Spangled Banner. I used Hendrix's version once. I have a very good friend who is a retired Marine Colonel; his comment was "that was different--but it fit with the fireworks". That is what you want to hear.
If you are using a lot of cakes & are not sure of the timing, look them up on YouTube & check the burn times. Figure +_ 4 seconds for variations in the cakes, then work out a time line with the music you want to use.
If you are lighting with fuses, timing won't be as precise as using an electronic system.
Good luck with the show......get video for us!

Wood_Ohio
06-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Actually Joe, I'm in college for Audio Engineering....haha! I have edited the set list a bit and added some voiceovers(thanks to the sponsor on this site) and a few others. Its just a family show and my family mostly listens to rock, I will be lighting fuses, I have picked up some perfect fuse for my opening colored sparklers(lol, these burn bright like a flare, and they were free!) and some fused roman candles. Mr. Collins' Intro is about 1:45 I believe and I think that perfect fuse would work well for that.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Great--another Pyro that likes Very Loud Music!!!!! LOL Good luck with your college endeavors--keep at it & don't get frustrated. I have been debating whether to haul out my 8 21" Subwoofer cabinets or settle for a pair if 18's for my show...audio is just like fireworks-you always want more -- bigger & louder!

Wood_Ohio
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
That's the truth! I am bringing my CD deck and old 80s radio tuner with 200 watt internal amp (yay Realistic brand!) and Ill be running it through two cabs with 2 12s, 2 4 inch tweeters and 2 6's.....the amp volume goes 1-100 and I cant turn it past 45 without blowing someones drums at close range....Here is my modified set-list:
Intro-1:42
Kickstart My Heart-4:44
Rules( R. Lee Ermey), Let me hear you scream, 53sec, 3:26
Born To Be Wild-4:03
For those about to rock-5:44(Canon salute ;) )
Dr. Feelgood
Boston's SSB/July 4th Reprise-2:25 (Finale)
and some extra songs at the end
TNT, Wanted dead or alive, and Fuel

blown2bits
06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
I am doing a mix for my show also, looking at about 35 songs mixed at about 30 seconds per song. I was going to be bringing my pa gear out, but found an easier alternative, i have a fm transmitter that can transmit about 400 feet if need be, much easier than having to lug around the pa. I am also going to be using my dj software to play my list before the show and my final mixdown track for the show. Pretty much automated until I fade out the tracks and into the finale music, only one click to worry about. Your music list looks perfect, good selection of great songs!

Ziggirat
06-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Nice List Kickstart my heart by motley crue is going to start my show im gonna put in Wild Side by Motley Crue

Wood_Ohio
06-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks, I was basically (besides going for all rock) trying to keep a steady tempo between songs, and all of them really have a nice driving tempo to them.