PDA

View Full Version : Coming Full Circle

J's12talk
06-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Reading the thread on assortments brought to mind something I noticed a couple of years ago. I was at a Demo with a bunch of guys that I shoot with professionally, they are all in their 50's and early 60" and have been shooting for decades. We were at the distributers store buying product and I noticed all of their shopping carts were full of noveltys and nicknacks such as adult snaps. Now keep in mind I have sat around with these same gentlemen "maybe drinking" as I heard storys about things they have done in the field of pyro that would make your jaw drop. When I brought up to them my observations, their response was we have been there and we have done that and it was something to behold but it is time to bring the grandchildren into the fold. Later that day I watch these same gentlemen running around with straws shooting adult snaps at at each other like they were 12 years old and loving every minute of it. These are just my thoughts and observations. Life does come full circle!

californiapyro
06-17-2011, 11:42 PM
very well said! brings to mind the last WPA meeting, the manufacturers were setting off 10 inch kamuro shells and time report rockets, and bob winokur himself was sitting in a chair, lighting firecrackers and class c fountains one at a time. just something to think about.

Pyro Nation
06-18-2011, 03:43 PM
That is a very nice thought to have when I get older. Im sure I will be the one throwing snaps as well. Nice post

J's12talk
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
That is a very nice thought to have when I get older. Im sure I will be the one throwing snaps as well. Nice post

Thanks to the powers that be there won't be any adult snaps available when we reach old age. Good thing their there to protect us, who knows how many people would die having them on the market.

Pyro Nation
06-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah... seems to be .... What was the reasoning behind it..Do you know?

J's12talk
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM
The APA released a statement urging all of them be removed from the shelves. They contain far more than the allowed 1mg of silver fulminate. They have not been approved for transportation and do not have the proper EX number according to the gods at the CPSC. Do you know how many trucks have been blown up by these things, well none but their going to protect us from it any way. Man the CPSC is the best thing thats happened since sliced bread.

Palermitano2
06-21-2011, 08:48 AM
I recently was at a retail location and some fool picked up a box of these and opened it , and accidentaly dropped the open box . well about 4 of them went off i gotta be honest with you it got my adrenaline going along with the store full of people.

Wood_Ohio
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM
That would have scared the crap out of me Pal. Somebody gave me a box of unused ground items and he had those in there and a box of them had opened and some went off close to a fuse. And he also had a 12 gauge shotgun shell in there too....

J's12talk
06-21-2011, 09:16 PM
No matter how much stuff is banned noone can save us from basic stupidity.

Pyro@Mach13
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
No matter how much stuff is banned noone can save us from basic stupidity.

the sad truth!

J's12talk
11-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I wanted to bring this thread back up because a friend of mine recently picked up a box of novelty products to play with in his yard without upsetting the neighbors. He had planned on using up the product over the course of the winter whenever he needed a fix. Sounded like a great plan until we started in on it then it ended up like a fat chick and box of oreo's. Nothing but crumbs and a big smile. We had the time of our lives.

piropazzo
11-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Hello friends, I come Piropazzo I found very interesting is your forum and the opportunity to tell you that I'm Italian, I am writing to bring to the attention of the customs and festivals of many pyrotechnics that we have in Italy, I hope you do pleasure and that one day we can meet some field of fire!

J's12talk
11-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Welcome aboard, it is nice to have you as part of our family. As the newest member you need to bring the food to the next gettogether, I love Italian food.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Benvenuti nel Piropazzo Forum. Troverete molti amici qui con un amore per fuochi d'artificio. Non vediamo l'ora a voi condividere le ricche tradizioni della cultura italiana e fuochi d'artificio.

Welcome to the Forum Piropazzo. You will find many friends here with a love for fireworks. We look forward to you sharing the rich traditions of the Italian culture and fireworks.