PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on assortments?

jeter501
06-16-2011, 08:02 PM
What do you guys think is better to buy, handpicked stuff one item at a time or assortments? It seems like a lot of them include a lot of filler stuff and cheaper items

Pyro Nation
06-16-2011, 08:31 PM
I have bought only a couple of assortments... mainly of repeater cakes.... Never otherwise... Most time I dont like items that are in a assortment.... See a lot as you said..filler and cheaper items

crackerbomb
06-16-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm looking for some filler items and I think I may get an assortment. I always thought the cakes in assortment may have 1 good cake and the rest of them are weak. Still up in the air about getting a assortment or buying 2 cases of 200 gram cakes.

jknepp1954
06-16-2011, 09:37 PM
As an owner of a retail fireworks store, I sell them - lots - but i don't like them myself. Yes - a lot of fillers and junk IMHO! Now if you get one of the nicer assortments such as Laying down the Law or Container Load or something similar - now that is not a bad deal then.

J's12talk
06-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Wfboom has great cake assortments other than that I wouldn't waste my money. If you are just picking something up to play with the kids with maybe.

Palermitano2
06-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I would purchase buy the piece....

nrubmx
06-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Wfboom has great cake assortments other than that I wouldn't waste my money. If you are just picking something up to play with the kids with maybe.

i agree wfboom has some nice assorted cases with some of there good cakes, but other than that i would never buy an assortment

jknepp1954
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
OK - i was re-reading the OP's opening post. Are we talking cake assortments here? If we are i agree - they are good as it offers the variety and some of these cakes you can not get otherwise.
But if we are talking other assortments type kits that has firecrakcers, candles, ftn, snaps, shells, rkt, small crappy cakes, etc - those are the ones i was referring to as being a waste of money - best to just buy the pieces you actually want...Just my opinion...

Palermitano2
06-17-2011, 08:54 AM
The Biggen by World Class Is a Great Assortment...BUT..at $495 I could buy Individual pieces and get more........

californiapyro
06-17-2011, 09:49 AM
id say for backyard fun, small assortments are nice. but in terms of the big ones, washington assortment, jefferson assortment, franklin assortment, the godfather, and king of the block are all worth getting. for god sakes, washington has 8 NOABs. nuff said.

jeter501
06-17-2011, 10:15 AM
OK - i was re-reading the OP's opening post. Are we talking cake assortments here? If we are i agree - they are good as it offers the variety and some of these cakes you can not get otherwise.
But if we are talking other assortments type kits that has firecrakcers, candles, ftn, snaps, shells, rkt, small crappy cakes, etc - those are the ones i was referring to as being a waste of money - best to just buy the pieces you actually want...Just my opinion...

I was referring to the kits mostly. Some of the cake assortments I've seen seem decent but i think other than that it's a lot of kid stuff in those things