PDA

View Full Version : FireTEK First Look Video

displayfireworks1
12-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Here is a first look video of the FireTEK system. This video does not include the Compact Model, I will be doing a video of that model soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyIJF2af2xc
Link to website
http://fireworks-firing-system.com/

Westpapyro
12-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Dave, great look at a new system out there. I've only met Ralph a few times but great guy!
You should buy all of XFX's Cobras... If they are going a different direction?
Where was the location? Open shoot would be awesome.
Chuck

Shooter
12-09-2015, 01:59 PM
There's a lot of options for this system. The pricing seems a little higher than the Cobras, although, you have more cues. This might be good for the professional but, for the backyarder, It looks expensive.

fireTEK
12-09-2015, 10:45 PM
There's a lot of options for this system. The pricing seems a little higher than the Cobras, although, you have more cues. This might be good for the professional but, for the backyarder, It looks expensive.

The price per independent cue starts from $10 on compact version and goes to about $30 for the standard version with all options and accessories. At those money you have features you did not find in any other firing system (please check the website on Innovations page). Price example 48 independent channels: 1 * FTM-99S with all options (Internal player, Gps, Time code, Wireless up to 2 miles Los) + 1 FTH-48E with all options (GPS, Time code, Bluetooth for Smartphone control , wireless, external trigger - it can be used as it is without FTM-99S) + 100 usd shipping cost: 1.748 USD. If you remove GPS option, Time code and Bluetooth it will costs only: 1.452 USD with shipping cost includes. At this price you still have 1ms step, real time tests for error detection, real time monitor current trough igniters to ensure firing, internal player for pyromusicals, easy and cheap rail splits and more... Do you still think it is expensive? If you use 10 cues it might be expensive... but if you need 48 it is cheaper and with more features, some of them can not be found in any other firing system.

Shooter
12-10-2015, 02:46 PM
The price per independent cue starts from $10 on compact version and goes to about $30 for the standard version with all options and accessories. At those money you have features you did not find in any other firing system (please check the website on Innovations page). Price example 48 independent channels: 1 * FTM-99S with all options (Internal player, Gps, Time code, Wireless up to 2 miles Los) + 1 FTH-48E with all options (GPS, Time code, Bluetooth for Smartphone control , wireless, external trigger - it can be used as it is without FTM-99S) + 100 usd shipping cost: 1.748 USD. If you remove GPS option, Time code and Bluetooth it will costs only: 1.452 USD with shipping cost includes. At this price you still have 1ms step, real time tests for error detection, real time monitor current trough igniters to ensure firing, internal player for pyromusicals, easy and cheap rail splits and more... Do you still think it is expensive? If you use 10 cues it might be expensive... but if you need 48 it is cheaper and with more features, some of them can not be found in any other firing system.

I stand corrected. After looking at the prices again, you are correct. The special price of the FTH-48E and FTM-99S with all accessories and options comes to 1648.00 minus the 100.00 shipping cost. That's 48 cues for that price. Whereas, the Cobra combination to get to 54 cues including there hardcases comes to 2406.00. A difference of 758.00. Is this special price you're offering temporary or fixed for the time being? Also, is the remote capable of playing music through it for pyromusicals or was I reading that wrong?

fireTEK
12-10-2015, 06:25 PM
I stand corrected. After looking at the prices again, you are correct. The special price of the FTH-48E and FTM-99S with all accessories and options comes to 1648.00 minus the 100.00 shipping cost. That's 48 cues for that price. Whereas, the Cobra combination to get to 54 cues including there hardcases comes to 2406.00. A difference of 758.00. Is this special price you're offering temporary or fixed for the time being? Also, is the remote capable of playing music through it for pyromusicals or was I reading that wrong?

Need to clarify something: FTH-48E it is the compact version without battery and without pelicase (http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?4266-Just-arrived-from-Romania). FTH-48S version it is the one from this video, built in a pelicase and it has has internal battery. Compact version you can compare with Cobra without cases and we still offer a better price. If you compare with FTH-48S standard module you need to add on Cobra case, li battery and charger and the price will be almost the same. Also the hobbyist can buy at less then $600 an FTH-48E firing module with rails and Bluetooth and control it from your Android Smartphone

About the price: It is temporarily but at least for now we did not intend to increase them in the near future. A price increase will also come with some advantages for the final client.

The FTM-99 remote it is capable of playing music through it for pyromusicals... and more of that... it can be feed with time code and control it form an external player. Also other nice things which no other system has it... if you have 2 FTM-99S remotes one can be set as master and the other will be slave and work like an AudioBox... So you can be near the fire site with a remote and the other one near music location... From the master you have full control of the system: you can Start/Stop/Pause the show, you can fire manual while a script is running or you can start sequences. On the Time box music will be played form the internal player... or can be feed with external time code. For safety reason the show can no be started from the Audiobox.

For more information please visit:

http://www.ftek.eu/
http://fireworks-firing-system.com/

UniversalPyro
12-14-2015, 08:35 PM
What is the reasoning and thinking behind a new firing system to be a 12 cue system? Price? Research?

fireTEK
12-14-2015, 08:46 PM
What is the reasoning and thinking behind a new firing system to be a 12 cue system? Price? Research?

It is 48 cues per module, not 12. You can have connected in a network up to 99 modules and controlled from: an FTM-99S remote, Master feed with Time code, panel buttons, external trigger, Smartphone via Bluetooth, Computer via USB, Time trigger via GPS or combined those modes.

UniversalPyro
12-14-2015, 09:00 PM
I meant for rail setup. So i buy 20 modules which is practical, i now have 60 rails to setup separately/connections. Why not 18 cue rails? or a standard 32 rail system? Just curious what decided to work with 12 cue rails?

fireTEK
12-14-2015, 09:24 PM
I meant for rail setup. So i buy 20 modules which is practical, i now have 60 rails to setup separately/connections. Why not 18 cue rails? or a standard 32 rail system? Just curious what decided to work with 12 cue rails?

On 20 modules you will have 80 rails. :)
Fewer channels on a rail -> shorter igniters need to be used -> save money
Flexibility - easy and cheap possibility to split them for fronts setups -> save money

UniversalPyro
12-14-2015, 09:31 PM
thats correct 80 rails for setup. :cool:

winterportpyro
12-17-2015, 11:34 AM
An impressive system. The multiple redundancy for continuity and safety is comparable to gov't systems I am familiar with. A back-up for a back-up for a back-up, sort to speak. Pretty straight-forward to use as it appears from Dave's video.

Pyropug
07-09-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm having issues, about every other start up I get error 5 after self test run

fireTEK
07-09-2016, 10:23 AM
I'm having issues, about every other start up I get error 5 after self test run

You start the module in Arm mode. Please start and also use it in Test mode... it will automatically arm.

Pyropug
07-09-2016, 11:29 AM
You start the module in Arm mode. Please start and also use it in Test mode... it will automatically arm.

That must have been the problem, thank you.
The module ran the scripted show flawlessly, it's an excellent system.