PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat

Bobby Peru
12-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Looking at Dave's good pictures put me in mind of something. This past July I picked up a brick of 5 500 strip of Black Cat. The crackers themselves had the BC logo on them. And they exploded into little bits of paper. They were also longer and wider than the other BCs I had. Plus they had real crimped ends where the rolled paper casing was acrually visible. Could I have lucked into some vintage BCs? If i did,I had so much fun lighting them off that I've none left
Oh well........

countryboy7978
12-04-2015, 12:58 AM
If the firecrackers you had were truly crimped on both the top and the bottom, vs hammered closed over a clay plug then you likely stumbled across some class 6 Black Cat crackers from the 1980s or early 1990s. The logos were still used throughout the UN era until the decision was made to remove them in 2010. By 2011 the firecrackers were plain black/grey paper.

thechemist45
12-29-2015, 09:27 AM
Yes those sound like class 5 Black Cat from 73-76 I hope you didn't pay a lot cause what's the point in collecting if your going to blow up bricks that are going on 50 years old? Whatever makes you happy. I don't think you did find class 5s as there hard to find and when you do the price you pay I doubt you would have fired them all off lol I recently got The Holy GRAIL of Black Cat Bricks Dave posted it under vintage firecrackers there class 5 Black Cats made for a very short run for the Bicentenial year in 1976 and the packs are Blue/Yellow/white/Pink! It's so,rare and It's A Black Cat lovers dream lol

halk
08-23-2016, 10:49 PM
This would be my choice for the ultimate Black Cat brick if only it were full. Right from the introduction of the brand by Wallace Clark in the early '50's when there was such as thing as premium firecrackers. 1368