PDA

View Full Version : Quickmatch To Electric Match

PyroReece
10-30-2015, 06:04 AM
Please could someone link to to Daves video where he connects electric match to quickmatch. I want to know how to do that knot of his.

displayfireworks1
10-30-2015, 07:55 AM
I have a few videos with that technique, here is one from 2010. The advantage of this technique is rapid setup in the day of the shoot, particularly if you have inexperienced helpers. Instead of trying to teach the knot to them just show them how to slip this premade assembly overtop of the green fuse and tape it down. If you made these prior to the shoot be careful how you transport and store them. They will be sensitive to extreme shock like dropping something on top of them. The advantage of being in the United Kingdom is you can purchase electric match without restriction. Is it the same for quick match purchase?
This was the technique for professional fireworks quick match prior to them being supplied with the white ports. Since we are taking a consumer item and wiring it in a professional manner it carries some risk. So keep that in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWXDpE4kLKA

Tropmoore75
10-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Are you aware that there are pyro retailers and wholesalers that sell legit 1.4g (mine is from Dun pai) quick match that is phenomenal? I really didn't notice a difference other than its not waterproof. I'm not talking about the pyro direct stuff either who has a decent product as a kit, either. The match is reasonable, about 20 to 25 dollars per 60'. I know Al at Fire ART Llc carries this product and that's where I get it. So think of that as an option for us US guys that don't have a magazine. Couple the 1.4g match and a FireWire initiator and viola, you a big boy now! Lol