PDA

View Full Version : My 54 License is Finally Here, Thank you Dave!!!

pyromaniac
06-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Thats right, I'm now officially a member of club 54! To my surprise, it was way easier to get than I had anticipated. About a year ago I discovered Dave's videos on youtube and instantly I was hooked! Then after watching the video on "Getting your ATF Fireworks License" I knew that this was for me. I never even heard the words "type 54 user permit" until watching Dave's videos. So, for 20 bucks what the hell. I figured I had enjoyed hundreds of his videos for free, so at the very least I would help out his cause. Once the video and application arrived, I knew I made a wise purchase. The application was a bit confusing for me, but Dave's video made it almost impossible to screw up. Now I needed some kind of experience with 1.3 fireworks. I wanted something to send in with my application. So, I decided the PGI shooters course was a good choice. I would get a little experience, and a certificate of completion. Next thing was to get a letter for contingency storage. So, I went over to PyroTalks sponsors page and found my nearest 1.3g distributor. I printed out their on-line policy and provided a recite proving that I was a customer of theirs. I mailed everything in, including my money order, and then waited for the phone call! 3 weeks later I got the call for the interview. D-Day, I would finally find out if this was all enough to get my license! The agent arrived exactly on time, and then the interview began. She asked why I wanted a type 54 license and what I planned on doing with it. I told her that for now all I wanted was to attend a few local Pyro Club Shoots, and that I had no plans on getting my own permits. She then whipped out a piece of paper stating something like I can't shoot fireworks in Ohio until I receive proper state licenses. 20 minutes later the interview was over! So for anyone out there who is debating on getting your license or thinking it will be too hard or complicated. Believe me, It's not that hard! If I can do it, so can you.:D

indianahx
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
It's a great feeling of relief....wait till you get the physical piece of paper in the mail (blue envelopes) you'll feel like a kid at Xmas!

displayfireworks1
06-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Dear Pyromaniac

Congratulations on obtaining your Type 54 to purchase display fireworks. Also, thank you for the endorsement of my video “Getting your Fireworks License”.
You post actually illustrates another fact I have trying to tell people. You are from Ohio, Ohio can make all the laws they want about shooting fireworks, but it did not stop you from obtaining a license to purchase fireworks. No state in United States can stop you from getting a license to purchase fireworks. The ATF inspector gave you that notice as an advisory measure. What everyone needs to remember is even the largest fireworks companies in United States still need local permission to shoot their fireworks. A further challenge of the state law in Ohio would be, shooting fireworks for profit as opposed to for personal use. An example of personal use would be you shoot a fireworks display on a farm for your friends and family and no one earns any money that helps you and no one pays to attend the event.
Anyone out there sitting on the fence about getting your display fireworks license from the ATF let his post be an inspiration to you. I talked with some people from Ohio that purchased my video package that are letting this State of Ohio thing stop them from applying. Please do what I tell you in the video like this gentleman did. Do the things I mentioned in the video and send the application in.
If you need help with obtaining the display fireworks license from the ATF I sell a video that walks you through the process.

Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk

http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

Palermitano2
06-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Pyromanic congrats I have the video but i have not stepped up to the plate yet. I live in Ma and I cannot find storage. Ive tried every avenue . I recently found out Pyrotechnico opened up shop nearby in NH. Does anyone know if they sell 1.3?

Pyro Nation
06-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Congrats Pyromaniac!!!!!

pyro76
06-09-2011, 08:05 PM
congrats pyromanic...like i said before when you get the pink paper (license) in the mail, don't sign the original license, make copies of it for the reason of when you do purchase 1.3 fireworks the distributor will need a copy with an original signature plus it's good to have a copy in your vehicle when you are transporting your products you purchased

crackerbomb
06-10-2011, 12:09 AM
I am from ohio and after reading this i'm going to get my 54.

Pyro Nation
06-10-2011, 01:44 AM
You do that cracker... get it and enjoy

californiapyro
06-10-2011, 09:27 AM
yeeah cracka.... lol!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Congratulations Pyromaniac!

mfmacdaddy
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Pyromanic congrats I have the video but i have not stepped up to the plate yet. I live in Ma and I cannot find storage. Ive tried every avenue . I recently found out Pyrotechnico opened up shop nearby in NH. Does anyone know if they sell 1.3?

I also have to step up i have daves dvds but live in ma and same thing need storage.

Palermitano2
06-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I also have to step up i have daves dvds but live in ma and same thing need storage.

Keep looking thats what I do Ive tried everything I am actually looking for a house with lots of land .........lets keep each other posted on our findings.

UniversalPyro
06-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Congrats on the journey to the 1.3 class!!!!!!! Now get that second job!

DLux3888
06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
If it wasn't for Dave's video. I would never of gotten my license. My now, 3 months later, I have it.

StormY
06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Congrats bud! I'll be getting my in the near future.