PDA

View Full Version : nail board from dave's video

TitaniumsalTDI
06-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Hello all
i'm firing my show by ematch this year and would like to buy a huge firing system, but i'll only be able to afford a smaller one this year, but i am thinking to make up for the lack of a system i wanna make a nail board. Has anyone made one and if so how reliable was it and was it worth the time and effort to make one?
thank you

indianahx
06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I saw that video and said immediately I gotta try....I just went out to my deck and screwed a few deck screws in the railing and one for the common and used a basic 9v battery to fire. Used clip igniters. Overall it was simple and would be cost affective. Id be interested in seeing or using a nice nail board

displayfireworks1
06-09-2011, 07:18 PM
The nail board method I illustrated in the video is an example of an older technique that was used before the advent of the small inexpensive wireless firing systems. The best application of the nail board in today’s fireworks environment is shooting larger shells. Let’s say you are doing a hand fired display that has six 8inch to 12 inch shells. You want to space out the larger shells throughout the display. Alternatively, you are doing a professional display and the state law requires anything over 6 inch shells must be electronically fired. This is where the nail board comes in. Here in United States there are so many professional July 4th displays there are not that many reliable firing systems to go around. You can always set up a nail board for the big shells.
I would recommend everyone that loves fireworks purchase a wireless fireworks system. If you look at my list of sponsors, there are systems available from less than one hundred dollars all the way up to thousands. There is something for everyone’s budget.
For those that want to see the nail board video I will post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7IoCSf2pmU

Pyro Nation
06-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I have tried the nail board and it does work. As Dave says, if ya can afford to get a system definitely do it. Makes for a fun time and changes up everything