PDA

View Full Version : Atf license for 1.3g fireworks in illinois

ADVANCEDPYRO
06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Hello. Everybody

Does anybody know about getting this license in Illinois. I have been told many different thing by some people that i know that have the license and they are in Indiana, i want to get this license as a hobby and to help some of the people that already have it with some of there stuff. How does the whole storage deal work.

Please any insight would be great.
Thanks Chris

Pyro Nation
06-06-2011, 11:11 PM
The whole storage deal is called Contingency storage. What that is is when the supplier / dealer you are buying your 1.3 fireworks from allows you to use his storage is the event you need to bring them to him. From the time you pick up the 1.3 fireworks you need to light them off that night or return them to the dealer for storing purposes.

Or have your own ATF approved container for storage which is the harder and more expensive thing to do

DLux3888
06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Work on the contingency storage thing and also get the application and start going over it. It is a difficult process filling it out.

Ti_Salute
06-22-2011, 01:33 AM
ok first thing you need to do is.....
1......go to the illinois dept of natural resorces website and take the IDNR explosives class.....you will not get your 54 with out it.... http://dnr.state.il.us/mines/bed/training.htm
2..... you need contingencey letter of storage its not hard to get but it has to be with in 2 hour drive from your house.......
3..... Apply for your 54 once you get all of this...fat chance in hell you will get it right now but who knows
4..... you must buy from the guy you get your storage from becuase what you dont shoot you have to bring back to the magizine and i can tell you this
99% of us do NOT want other vendors items taking up space in our mags....
5.......GOOD LUCK