PDA

View Full Version : Mantitor

displayfireworks1
07-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Anyone making fireworks ever use a product called Mantitor? Or use it in other fireworks applications?
http://www.tvandfilmsupplies.co.uk/eCommerce/ProductImages/ExtraLarge/TPLPICSLOW%5E0%5E635645301082070048.jpg?w=332&h=318&mode=pad

Matt
07-08-2015, 09:37 PM
You have some for sale?

displayfireworks1
07-10-2015, 11:05 PM
My anonymous source tells me he uses this for his professional displays. He said the upside is it does not ignite if hot fallout lands on it. I know little about it except it may be some high explosive use stuff. He may have some for sale I will have to ask him. Isn't this some Brazilian product?

Matt
07-10-2015, 11:27 PM
I don't know about Brazil, but I am certain you have seen it used. You just didn't know it.

Chris H
07-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Mantitor is made by a company in Brazil called Orica, or at least was as of the last time I checked. It's somewhat similar to thermalite and a UK based product called PIC fuse. It has a core of copper wire, coated with a composition of red lead, silicon, and potassium perchlorate bound with NC lacquer. It's then coated with plastic to provide some water proofing. It's mostly used in the mining industry, but there is some floating around for pyro activities. I'm not very familiar with what it's used for. Being somewhat similar to thermalite, I suspect it would have similar applications. I had a little bit of it. I found it a little harder to light than thermalite, which may limit things as thermalite isn't the easiest thing to light either. A torch makes quick work of both, but it's not really suitable for priming applications.