PDA

View Full Version : Nice Cobra video!

Westpapyro
06-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Taken from Scott's YouTube page.

http://youtu.be/aKy3B1pyPRc

Ember_Pyrotechnics
06-05-2015, 09:47 PM
I do too find the Cobra Firing system wonderful, but have one complaint about it. For $289, I do not believe 18 cues are enough.

Engalwood
06-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Very nice vid!!!

Pyro@Mach13
06-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Boy that guy with BOMB on his hoodie sure is ugly!

dzirzow
06-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Hey I recognized a person in that video too, thanks for posting WestPa!

Ember I agree to the fact the system is not the least expensive, not the most expensive either. However, from business standpoint once everyone buys their modules, what is left to make money on and support the equipment (firmware is free software upgrade)?

For example, I been playing a little with my new system. Bought the new cable to use the Control Panel software to use with the RS2. However, my 4th show got cancelled. So for $200 program for 2 yr license, it is a little pricey. I am going to wait to purchase Control Panel until I know I am doing my shows. If Scott goes too inexpensive he will not have money to keep supporting and improving the system. I guess it's whether as a consumer I think it is a fair price for the system. Right now, I am happy with my purchase.

Shooter
07-12-2015, 06:46 PM
I dropped $755.00 on a 18R2 w/o case and one 18M module w/case. Nothing extra. I think it is a little steep,also. However, the system seems to have a pretty good reputation with pyros. I've yet to see a complaint except for Ember's above about the number of cues.The Cobra can handle 10 E-matches or 4 igniters in parallel on one cue. With the E-matches, you could technically set off 10 racks of unlimited mortars, if i'm not mistaken. The possibilities are unlimited determined by how your fusing is wired. Maybe Scott could produce a video one day and demonstrate how much can be fired with one module. I also like how you can get repair modules for it and firmware updates,
too.

NYJoeD
07-17-2015, 06:40 PM
I dropped $755.00 on a 18R2 w/o case and one 18M module w/case. Nothing extra. I think it is a little steep,also. However, the system seems to have a pretty good reputation with pyros. I've yet to see a complaint except for Ember's above about the number of cues.The Cobra can handle 10 E-matches or 4 igniters in parallel on one cue. With the E-matches, you could technically set off 10 racks of unlimited mortars, if i'm not mistaken. The possibilities are unlimited determined by how your fusing is wired. Maybe Scott could produce a video one day and demonstrate how much can be fired with one module. I also like how you can get repair modules for it and firmware updates,
too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBB_s16OS0&list=PLAF2FB3BE1FF0B843
hey bud u see this vid? not sure if its maxed out but seems pretty loaded up for one 18cue module

Shooter
07-17-2015, 07:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBB_s16OS0&list=PLAF2FB3BE1FF0B843
hey bud u see this vid? not sure if its maxed out but seems pretty loaded up for one 18cue module

Yea, I've seen this video. That is showing 10 e- matches on each cue being fired. What I would like to see is how much product those 180 matches could put in the air. As I said in my earlier post, the possibilities are unlimited.

Westpapyro
07-18-2015, 02:04 AM
Hey I recognized a person in that video too, thanks for posting WestPa!

Ya, some of this was filmed at MAFF. Most of us were working on the Team Hair on Fire crew that starred in that film, not sure if we ever thanked Scott for all he did that weekend? Thanks Scott, lol.
Dan you definitely recognized Dane but did you see that fat guy walking in the back ground, ha ha, yours truly (me). Scott had asked me if I wanted to do an interview also, but I choose to stay in the back ground , thanks again Scott! There were other Ohio guys you may know too? Maybe you know Frank? That guy with bomb on his shirt. Ny/Pa guy.
Anyway just thought I'd throw out a little more info on video.
Chuck