PDA

View Full Version : ATF Type 54 in Ohio

cincy-boom-squad
05-29-2011, 11:40 AM
So after doing a little reading, though not actually trying yet, I've heard that it's nearly impossible to get the ATF type 54 license if you are an Ohio citizen. Something to the effect of not being allowed to have a magazine in Ohio. Do you have to store them in the state you reside? Or do you even HAVE to have a magazine in order to get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I attempt to progress in my love of the sport.

pyro76
05-29-2011, 01:50 PM
cincy look around in your area for distributors who sell 1.3 fireworks as long as they're nearby most will provide a contigency storage plan basically saying if you don't have a magazine they'll allow you to store there if you buy and able to bring back if you can't shoot all on the day of shoot. there's lynch imports in cincy ohio. hope this helps

indianahx
05-29-2011, 07:42 PM
you do not need a magazine. contingency storage will be your plan.

DLux3888
05-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Contingency storage is the route I took. And I now have my license.

displayfireworks1
05-31-2011, 12:58 AM
The state of Ohio cannot stop you from getting a Type 54 user of display fireworks license. No state can stop you from getting the Federal License. Since 2003 the entire thing is handled by the Federal Government.

It looks like you live close to one of my advertisers Lynch Imports LLC. I just spoke to Dennis Lynch a few days ago and he told me he will give a contingency letter to anyone that ask him for one, no matter how far away you live. And please feel free to tell him I told you. If you live in Cincinnati and do not have criminal record there is no reason why you can not do this. If you need help getting through the procedure I sell a video package that will walk you through the process.
Dave displayfireworks1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

Thumpjunkey
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Cincy
You also have to be licensed in Ohio by Ohio. If you plan on shooting in Ohio you'll need that also. Study up on 1123 and you'll be fine. I'm not sure if you need one or the other first. Good luck and keep us updated.

pyromaniac
05-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Cincy
You also have to be licensed in Ohio by Ohio. If you plan on shooting in Ohio you'll need that also. Study up on 1123 and you'll be fine. I'm not sure if you need one or the other first. Good luck and keep us updated.

You can get your type 54 first then worry about getting your Ohio exhibitors license. You'll just have to sign something saying you will not light anything in Ohio until you get your OEL. I also highly recommend Dave's video package that he mentions above. There were a few questions on the application that had me stumped. Dave goes over line by line in the video and makes it a lot easier to understand! Good luck

J's12talk
05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Power To The People!!!!!!!

cincy-boom-squad
06-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks for all the imput. I will def be getting daves video and getting the process started.