PDA

View Full Version : Fountains

Pyro Nation
05-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Now, I usually stray away from fountains just for the fact I prefer using cakes or reloadables, but this weekend I am in a area in which I cant go above 1" of a shell being used.

So need input on some decent fountains?

jknepp1954
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Any of the mid - larger type fountains - gosh you could go crazy with that....some of the 500 gr ftns are great as well.
Brothers Monarch of forest, strange colors, hometown hero, dark science, Jumbo Shell, Super ftn (fan), WC Bigger than life, Worlds Highest, Americas Ftn, Fish out of Water, Foreign Policy maker, Never Ending ftn, Reflections ftn (that is actually what was used in the waterfall part of Kneppy's pyro musical finale), Windmill Skycraper, Hornet stinger (rewrap of Glorious Stinger), Glorious Burn baby burn, Short circuit, Bigs Tommy Rocks, Hurricane (rewrap of Br. Pure Fantasy), oh gosh i could go on and on....

fireworksman74
05-25-2011, 10:18 PM
if your gunna go the fountain route invest in black cats energizer fountain its impressive it lasts 5+ minutes and i hate fountains and it kept my interest

J's12talk
05-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I love fountains and use them in most of my family and friend shoots. The key is to use rows of the same fountains, at least six 500g and up to twenty of the smaller fountains. Once I learn how to post video's better I'll post a fountain section of one of my shoots.

Pyro Nation
05-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Well, I plan on using as of right now.. Fountains and Strobes.... As well as mix in some 1.3 Fountains and strobes...

Have to get a list together soon

californiapyro
05-27-2011, 12:26 AM
the one that really stands out for me, worlds highest fountain. it really is impressive, 35+ feet of height on it.

Pyro Nation
05-27-2011, 12:28 AM
That is one of the ones I have. Along with the Behemoth and High Baller

californiapyro
05-27-2011, 12:30 AM
sounds like a great show! also for 1 inch shells, try bomb box. they are "titanium effect" and under 25 cents a piece.

Pyro Nation
05-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Ok.. will see if I can find them by Sunday..lol

californiapyro
05-27-2011, 10:00 AM
oh haha thats a quick timeframe!

Pyro Nation
05-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Show went pretty well. The Strobe effect on bottom and fountain going off on top was AWESOME....Wind kicked in about 5 minutes into it and help carry smoke away. Thanks for tips on some Fountains

J's12talk
05-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Show went pretty well. The Strobe effect on bottom and fountain going off on top was AWESOME....Wind kicked in about 5 minutes into it and help carry smoke away. Thanks for tips on some Fountains

I still can't help but feel that you are not sold on using fountains. I hope that you give them another chance in the future. If I ever get the video posting thing figured out I will post some video footage of fountains in action at one of my shoots. You can hear the crowds approval. Keep the faith!

Pyro Nation
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Well, your feeling is correct. I rarely ever use fountains. In fact this was the first time in ummmm 7 yrs...

californiapyro
05-30-2011, 11:16 PM
I think that a nice titanium fountain is nice in a show, but those class c microstar ones are not the best for entertainment.