PDA

View Full Version : A Fireworks Chemical Find

displayfireworks1
03-23-2015, 08:42 PM
I received and email from someone in a neighboring state that wanted to sell his fireworks chemicals and accessories. We negotiated a deal and you will see what I purchased in the video. This is actually one of two contacts I received from someone wanting to sell their fireworks chemicals. I do not make fireworks and will give all of this away to a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKo8A8AEqE
http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/fireworks-03.jpg
http://news.unl.edu/sites/default/files/media/Fireworks_101.jpg
http://sciencenotes.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/FireworkChemistry.png

ras1986
03-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Omg. That's my dream in the back of your truck!!! Dave!!!! Hook me up with the guy with the chemicals from nevada.. or was it arizona... or new mexico... lol.. please!!! I even have the magazine to store my finished products. And will video them for the forum. Sorry I'm not begging on my knees or anything. ...

displayfireworks1
03-23-2015, 10:49 PM
I just sealed the deal with a fireworks person in Las Vegas to pick the supplies up. The enthusiast may even make a shell for the mans deceased wife ashes. If something like this comes up again I will run it by everyone on the forums first. That deal in Nevada was way better than this one, it was totally free and will end up being 15 boxes of chemicals and supplies.

wizard7611
03-24-2015, 12:34 AM
May I have some chemicals too? I was just introduced into firework manufacturing around four months ago, and I need a good start. What may I have? I'm very interested. How may I contact you?

displayfireworks1
03-24-2015, 11:06 AM
If anyone else contacts me selling or giving away a large amount of chemicals etc. I will post it on the forums. The person that has an interest has to be geographically close. The person that wants rid of their chemical supply has to be free of very cheap in price. The objective is they are glad to have it removed and get some pleasure knowing someone else may enjoy them.
Many people buy all these chemicals and eventually realize it is easier and cheaper to just purchase commercially made fireworks. It is a common theme with this sort of thing.

ras1986
03-24-2015, 01:54 PM
It is way easier and cheaper to buy p remade shells. Even yung feng shells are still somewhat cheaper. But as its getting almost impossible to buy 10 inch and larger shells it makes sense to make them. And 4 inch and bigger salutes are being phased out from over seas. Oh and BTW dave, awesome chart, it's a great reference to show people who don't know about what makes those stars be those colors.

NWPA
03-25-2015, 04:22 PM
investing in all that's needed and preparing a secure safe place to work, on top of that you can't store it, I don't know. You have to be deriving a great satisfaction out of making something you could easily buy.[ class c, for most of us]. It is fun to mess with some of that stuff on a small scale I will admit. Do you really want to mess around with ball mills and all that to make the small amount of black powder you would be using. When 2 pounds can be bought for 50.00 with haz mat ship. That's what I paid 4 or so years ago. And 2 pounds lasts a long time. At least for me. I only used it for small bore mines and the like.

PyroJW
03-25-2015, 11:08 PM
I can supply you with all the 8 & 10" shells you want lol just as soon as my ATF & distributors license is finalized. The business name, attorney paperwork and all that jazz has already been completed and excepted through the state... checked has cleared the ATF office just playing the waiting game.... We will also have a full line of hdpe pipe and racks to sell as the hdpe manufacturing plant is right here in are backyard. I also have a shell builder in the USA that I use that makes a ton of 4" canister salutes, aerial color- ball & canister shells. I have tested 5",6" & 8" Lampare's of his that are awesome!! He can make just about anything. We are a Texas Display Fireworks company but I have goals to supply type 54 users like yourself with 1.3 product and if they are within range provide them with contingency storage if needed.

It is way easier and cheaper to buy p remade shells. Even yung feng shells are still somewhat cheaper. But as its getting almost impossible to buy 10 inch and larger shells it makes sense to make them. And 4 inch and bigger salutes are being phased out from over seas. Oh and BTW dave, awesome chart, it's a great reference to show people who don't know about what makes those stars be those colors.

Matt
03-25-2015, 11:55 PM
I can supply you with all the 8 & 10" shells you want lol just as soon as my ATF & distributors license is finalized. The business name, attorney paperwork and all that jazz has already been completed and excepted through the state... checked has cleared the ATF office just playing the waiting game.... We will also have a full line of hdpe pipe and racks to sell as the hdpe manufacturing plant is right here in are backyard. I also have a shell builder in the USA that I use that makes a ton of 4" canister salutes, aerial color- ball & canister shells. I have tested 5",6" & 8" Lampare's of his that are awesome!! He can make just about anything. We are a Texas Display Fireworks company but I have goals to supply type 54 users like yourself with 1.3 product and if they are within range provide them with contingency storage if needed.

You already have EX#s for all those types of shells?

PyroJW
03-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Yes he does.

You already have EX#s for all those types of shells?

Matt
03-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Yes he does.

Interesting. I never saw an 8" Lampare for sale before.