PDA

View Full Version : Hold in hand firecrackers

displayfireworks1
03-07-2015, 08:43 PM
This is video of a firecracker from outside of United States. It is my understand that that extra flap of paper seen on these firecrackers is there for those that want to hold the firecracker and then light it. Designed to give some protect in the event it blows up before you release it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C_bKMR4Zwk

N3OQO
03-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Nice salute. No thanks I'm not holding it any way.

PGH_Pyro
03-07-2015, 10:08 PM
haha you can take a hammer and bash your fingers/hand and get same result .

displayfireworks1
03-08-2015, 07:45 PM
I am not saying I agree with holding it. I am just referencing the design. You will occasionally see these make their way into United States in a smaller version called "Spanish Crackers" they will have that same little tail on them . For holding or not, (optional)
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Coal+Miners+Protest+In+Madrid+2PF14YOOQU-l.jpg

jknepp1954
03-08-2015, 08:15 PM
whether USA or SPAIN or any other country -
NEVER HOLD FIRECRACKERS OF THIS SORT IN HANDS!!!
only holding in hand is to carry to place down and light....

Does anyone happen to know if the NE corner of Spain has any fireworks companies up there - whether they be display or consumer sales companies? My son has a trip there in 2 weeks for his company he works for. Not sure how much down time he has on trip - but thought it might be interesting for him to check out if the opportunity is there.

countryboy7978
03-12-2015, 08:07 PM
The design of a Masclet firecracker with the tail is not actually for holding. The reason for the tail is that these crackers are typically hung by their leaders and fired in sequence. The tail creates air resistance in the event that a salute becomes airborne due to adjacent explosion.

If a cracker containing several grams of flash was to explode while you were holding the tail, it would still very likely mangle flesh, cause 3rd degree burns and amputate appendage or break bones.