PDA

View Full Version : Pyromusical intro - 'oh verona' opinions?

westlondonpyrokid
03-05-2015, 03:46 AM
Hey, I've been planning a Pyromusical in June for a friend's 50th, and I was watching romeo & Juliet and I.thought to myself 'hey, this would make a very dramatic pyro intro'.

Oh Verona:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGqmSK4XxU
Start listening from 01:00.
Opinions?

wizard7611
03-11-2015, 04:22 AM
Lol, Romeo and Juliet.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Agreed! Lots you could do with the dynamics of it.... I see strobes & flame pots going to one shot candles, to 13 shot slice cakes then 4" horsetail shells draping down...

wizard7611
03-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Here is a brief view on how I would shoot pyrotechnic devices for this song:

1:00-1:02.5 -Colorful peonies, silver wave shells, and also salutes(the same amount of salutes as the silver wave shells). Finish it off with some mines or cake slices. One position if you would like.

1:02.5-1:16.5 -Golden waterfall shells, all spread out. Shoot one after the other.

1:16.5-1:36 -Golden waterfall shells, all spread out. Shoot one after another. This time, add in some single shots if you have the cues for them. If not, try using cake slices, mines, or strobe pots. My recommended color for the all of these lower level effects would be red. Red represents love most of the time, and yet, it's really easy to spot out.

1:36-1:57.5 -Giant burst of colorful peonies, lower level effects, and either silver waves or golden willows. Use lower level ground effects when the symbols crash. There are no salutes yet.

1:57.5-2:13 -Large shells, such as nishiki kamuros, lower level effects, and salute cakes that are around 100 shots are spread out, so that they are blowing up precisely at 1:57.5. Make sure the cakes are around 15 seconds. If you cannot get these cakes, use some salute shells in replacement.

2:13 -Gasoline fireball mines connected to ground salutes would give the great impression of a real battlefield blowing up by bombs.

2:13-2:26.5 -Golden waterfall shells, all spread out. Shoot one after another. This time, add in some single shots if you have the cues for them. If not, try using cake slices, mines, or strobe pots. Use fantastic color for these lower level effects. The appearance of them will be fantastic and grand!

2:26.5-3:24.5 -Large shells, such as nishiki kamuros, tied with lower level effects.

3:24.5-3:42 -Again, large shells, such as nishiki kamuros, tied with lower level effects, silver wave shells or golden willow shells, colorful peonies, and don't forget the salutes to finish it off(probably 6-8 cakes spread out)! Make this part is really intense!

As some side notes:

You can use silver waves or golden willows if you like. I prefer these two since they would go together great with this piece of music.

Make sure this sow is nicely spread out, so that way it looks more professional, rather than a giant one shoot positioned show(every pyrotechnic device being shot in one position).

If you do not have any possible way of gaining salute cakes that are around 15 seconds, I would recommend using salute shells as a replacement.

For the colorful peonies, my recommended colors would be blue, green, red, purple, orange, yellow, or pink. I wouldn't use white because it gives the show more of a felling that I cannot really explain. This feeling is like using loads of silver waves in the sky. It kind of blinds out other colors.

Have fun! :D

wizard7611
03-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Agreed! Lots you could do with the dynamics of it.... I see strobes & flame pots going to one shot candles, to 13 shot slice cakes then 4" horsetail shells draping down...

I'm not really a big fan on horsetail shells. I prefer waterfall shells, that is, if you can get them. I guess it mostly depends on the area you are in, since waterfalls could cause fires if the stars burn too long. Lol.:cool:

PGH_Pyro
03-11-2015, 09:46 PM
you could release bunch of lanterns...lot of strobes...

wherefore art thou pyro ?
:o

wizard7611
03-11-2015, 10:46 PM
That is true. I don't see many shows use lanterns. Now, are you talking about the wind bell shells? I know for a fact that I do not have access to those in my area.

PGH_Pyro
03-12-2015, 11:44 AM
nah talking bout the paper lanterns.

wizard7611
03-12-2015, 04:14 PM
You know what. I have been wondering this for a while now. Is there any possible way you could electronically fire sky lanterns?

westlondonpyrokid
03-12-2015, 04:32 PM
You know what. I have been wondering this for a while now. Is there any possible way you could electronically fire sky lanterns?
Same with me.
Maybe dip the corner of the wax tablet In rocket candy and prime with BP or use estes rocket ignitors???
Or Attach a cotton wool ball soaked in a wax and BP (3:7?) mixture to the fuel block and ematch that rather than the fuel block?

Westpapyro
03-12-2015, 06:06 PM

I believe Northernsky is set to do a show this year that includes a release of sky lanterns. Will let you know how it works out.

PGH_Pyro
03-13-2015, 01:28 PM
where there's a will, there's a way ...

wizard7611
03-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Well, it's possible to electronically fire them. All you have to do is prime the ignition square on the bottom, yet ignite it with an electric match, wait for it to gain air, and then release it. If someone could make a system for this, I would be glad to try it out. I could try to make one for myself someday and see how it goes.:cool:

Westpapyro
03-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Not sure but there will be some device holding lantern up inabling it to fill with hot air after first match goes off then a second match will go off releasing the lantern? Can't go to much more into it cause I just don't know?

wizard7611
04-08-2015, 06:27 PM
So, how's it going?