PDA

View Full Version : hobbest permitt for 1.3 b fireworks A.S.AP

ross
02-13-2015, 12:17 PM
need help from all gang here i talked to fire marshall need info on what states allow 1.3 shooter permitts for hobbest
need info take shoots class .atf i need step by step info . what other states do may be i can get them to do something here to allow permitt for 1.3 class b shooters thanks for any help ROSS

displayfireworks1
02-13-2015, 12:31 PM
It looks like you are from West Virginia. It also looks like you need a from the ground up fireworks educations. Do you have a ATF license to purchase 1.3 fireworks? If you do not have a ATF license I suggest you start there. If you need my help consider my DVD/application package. Even if the governor of West Virginia tells you it is permissible to shoot 1.3 fireworks, you still need some form of an ATF license.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

ross
02-13-2015, 12:41 PM
yes i know but i need info from what steps to tell him what pyro class did you take step one then get atf aproved what states allow this

CTPYRO
02-13-2015, 01:39 PM
You don't need a class on shooting fireworks to obtain the 54. That's not the job of the ATF. They will or may ask you where you plan on discharging product/Shooting it. The 54 only allows you to purchase and store product and nothing more. To shoot it you need a permit and possibly more such as a state license/shooters license. Here in CT you need a shooters license in display fireworks if you ever want to have your own show plus the proper permits.

displayfireworks1
02-13-2015, 01:42 PM
"yes I know" ? As far as I can tell, you do not know. You are going to have to do some research on your own. Unless someone here feels like typing out thousands of words. You have it in your mind it should go one way but it really does not go the way you think. I am curious are you less the 21 years of age? You need to be at least 21 to obtain a ATF fireworks license/permit.

jknepp1954
02-13-2015, 02:39 PM
you can start by getting PGI certified. Kellners has 2 classes he is offering in April - www.kellfire.com
Al from Fire Art had offered the PGI cert last year - have not heard if he is offering again this year or not.
WV I think needs some other credentials and licensing for 1.3g shows - not sure what they are - but it is needed. I think there are a few folks from WV here who can answer this.
I did my PGI cert last yr at Kellners - but i only shoot 1.4 shows. WHY? Looks good on the RESUME. And I have actually had 1 AHJ to ask for it.

ross
02-13-2015, 04:17 PM
ok guys i talk fire marshal ok they want you to have shooter chorse then have work 4 shows before you can take test state pyro liscense ok .
hope state will pass class c to be sold the a fire marshall be over enforcement ok thats why i am trying to see in i can get something in on class b
this is starting from ground up. ok no law don,t know how its going to be regulated in be state or each town don,t know i just wanted some ifo to give to firemarshall what other states do ok . thanks call any time 304-967-7425

Northern Sky
02-13-2015, 04:33 PM
^ ^ ^ Wow. That was a tough read.
West Virginia is not a fireworks friendly state. Good luck

PyroManiacs
02-13-2015, 10:10 PM
^ ^ ^ Wow. That was a tough read.

uuuuhhhmmmmm... yup.

Dion
02-13-2015, 11:14 PM
I hope your grammar is not like that on your type 54 application!

displayfireworks1
02-14-2015, 12:37 PM
ross sent me an email , he wishes to close his account.
I try to make registration for the forums as easy as possible. If I make it too easy I get a massive amount of spammers. I have registration set up without requiring a date of birth. There are times I suspect some post originate from people less than 18.
For the record, if you want to possess, or transport any type of professional commercially made 1.3 fireworks, you at minimum need some form of an ATF license. This is the same for any state in United States. The Federal Government regulates the explosives. There is no state official you can talk to that can exempt you from this process. Any endeavor into 1.3 starts with the ATF license. You can work for a fireworks company without your own ATF license, however you will be listed as an employee possessor on their ATF license.
If you want to just enjoy Consumer Fireworks you do not need to deal with the ATF at all.

Shootingstar_pyro86
02-14-2015, 02:23 PM
By reading some of his post, I'm going to say he is most likely a guy we don't want using explosives.

MIpyro
02-19-2015, 10:40 AM
^^^^^ LMAO! I agree Shootingstar! wow! my mind was blown after reading those posts!

CTPYRO
02-19-2015, 12:12 PM
By reading some of his post, I'm going to say he is most likely a guy we don't want using explosives.

I completely agree sir

Engalwood
02-25-2015, 07:54 PM

UMMM I 2nd the motion