PDA

View Full Version : Under my nose!

NWPA
02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Small reactive air gun target was here all along. Pull string novelty device were all familiar with. Cut them off a 1/4" from either end, bundle 6 together with scotch tape, tape to target, wahla, exploding target. Nice snap and flash and just difficult enough at 50' away. The cylindrical snaps also work but not as reactive as the pull string novelties.

PGH_Pyro
02-04-2015, 10:10 PM
that's what the cool kids these days call a "life-hack" .
good to know .

wizard7611
02-05-2015, 02:35 AM
Life hacks. XD

PyroJoeNEPA
02-05-2015, 10:21 AM
My age is showing---I'm totally in the dark on the "life hack" thing!.....feeling like an 8 track tape player now!

PGH_Pyro
02-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Joe - just a term for MacGyver-ing things to come up with something nifty/useful .
assuming you remember that old tv show MacGyver ?
he was always rigging up these things to save the day from found objects .

NWPA
02-05-2015, 01:18 PM
I also had to look up life hack, new term to me also. I consider myself lucky to be able to do a limited amount on the computer. Been about a year since I learned what a selfie is.lol

pyrohioman
02-20-2015, 11:54 PM
My age is showing---I'm totally in the dark on the "life hack" thing!.....feeling like an 8 track tape player now!

You'r not showing your age...you are still a young whipper-snapper,...By the way, what the heck is a 8 track player? LOL.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-21-2015, 02:06 PM
Joe - just a term for MacGyver-ing things to come up with something nifty/useful .
assuming you remember that old tv show MacGyver ?
he was always rigging up these things to save the day from found objects .
MacGyver--HaHa I loved that show! I remember the episode where he had bullet holes in the car radiator & put raw eggs in it to seal up the holes! Yeah--only on TV.
I keep telling my wife when a hand grenade goes off it really doesn't look like a 5 gallon gas bomb!
-----things were so much simpler back then!--just had to keep fishing those stupid 8 track tapes out of the player when they unwound & jammed everything up!
FWIW---I have an 8track of Leslie West & Mountain [Mississippi Queen] stored away for no apparent reason. :-)

PyroJoeNEPA
02-21-2015, 02:09 PM
You'r not showing your age...you are still a young whipper-snapper,...By the way, what the heck is a 8 track player? LOL.

HaHa--imagine a reel to reel tape machine without reels.....ROFL

Dion
03-30-2015, 12:45 AM
MacGyver--HaHa I loved that show! I remember the episode where he had bullet holes in the car radiator & put raw eggs in it to seal up the holes! Yeah--only on TV.
I keep telling my wife when a hand grenade goes off it really doesn't look like a 5 gallon gas bomb!
-----things were so much simpler back then!--just had to keep fishing those stupid 8 track tapes out of the player when they unwound & jammed everything up!
FWIW---I have an 8track of Leslie West & Mountain [Mississippi Queen] stored away for no apparent reason. :-)

Mountain (Mississippi Queen) NICE!!!!

NWPA
05-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Small reactive air gun target was here all along. Pull string novelty device were all familiar with. Cut them off a 1/4" from either end, bundle 6 together with scotch tape, tape to target, wahla, exploding target. Nice snap and flash and just difficult enough at 50' away. The cylindrical snaps also work but not as reactive as the pull string novelties. As an update to my first post, I've since used 24/48/72 and the explosion propagates through the lot.