PDA

View Full Version : Cobra/ Slats/ and 28 ga. cable

mguerra
12-22-2014, 09:45 PM
See my video test of a Cobra module, and three slats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KCVvBVgumk

MIpyro
12-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I just got the same cables from amazon yesterday (75 ft) and I tested them out last night and they work just as well as yours did. Great video.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Good information. Thanks for sharing the demo video!

mguerra
12-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Someone told me in a PM that their 50' Monoprice 28 ga cable was unreliable in shooting a July 4 show. 11 of 18 cues did not fire on one module. That is not good.
For anyone buying Cobra slats, you might just want to pop for the HD cables. The price difference, across all the shows you will ever shoot with them, will be negligible compared to your other costs! I believe I will only buy the more expensive HD cable from Scott from now on. It would be pretty embarrassing to have a bunch of show not fire because of iffy cable. I will use these cheap cables for my own little private amusement several times before I ever put them in a show for friends and family. If they work 100% I will use them, if not, I will get more of the HD cables.

Pyro Nation
12-29-2014, 03:55 AM
I was warned by Scott of issue with the 28g having that same issue... I had the cables from other stuff in my life and tested out before buying the 22g cables... I saw the failure rate start happening when it was over 20ft spread out...and got worse from there

SO, advice...get the 22g cables and take a relief off your shoulders.... nothing worse than the big day of your show..and if ya do just one each year and it failing....