PDA

View Full Version : Questions

UniversalPyro
05-11-2011, 09:09 PM
For ones that shoot backyard show's with class b, do you carry insurance? Is it a must? if you do, how much roughly?

Im doing a show for family and friends on my landlords property at my business who is giving me permission with a written notice. Also have Permit from Municipal office signed, and of course ATF license. Also considering talking with fire department about having a truck there for a donation. I would like to do this the correct way also.

By the way, the property is wide open, so we have well more than enough clearance for the size shells we will be shooting.

I will be shooting electronically for most part. This is my first time putting this together so i want to do it right. I do know the shooting part and set up.

J's12talk
05-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't know about PA. but NY wants a minimun of $1,000,000 in insurance for any shoot. I really hate this state.

Pyro Nation
05-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Getting the permit is usually after the thought of proof of insurance the fire marshall or chief usually asks for

jknepp1954
05-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Getting the permit is usually after the thought of proof of insurance the fire marshall or chief usually asks for
True - but in PA the law says must provide a minimum of $500 bond - if universal got approval with the $500 deal - that is all that is necessary.
Have a great show!

Pyro Nation
05-12-2011, 12:17 AM
$500 can be a check, wont be cashed from my experience as long as no damage is reported. Never asked before, but im sure there is a period of time before u can get the check back

Thumpjunkey
05-12-2011, 01:09 PM
1.4 or 1.3 doesn't matter. 3-15K depending on your policy. You can probably expect to pay 3-5K. Do you really need it, not by PA law if the $500.00 bond is all that your community requires. Personally, I worry more about back yard shows than anything else these day. Something goes wrong and you hurt someone, their child, their car, house, your friendship is out the window and a nice lawsuit is slapped on you. Just remember distance is your friend.

UniversalPyro
05-12-2011, 05:28 PM
so you mean it costs 3-5k for the insurance? Also the community does not require a 500 bond. Distance will be my friend cause we have about 800 feet of clearance all around us.

Does anyone here shoot for a hobby? and if so what do you do for insurance?, Fire Department? and $500 bond?

Thanks for imput in advance......

Pyro Nation
05-12-2011, 05:44 PM
$500 bond is all I have ever done since I been doing BACKYARD shows from 2004 until now.....

Thumpjunkey
05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
so you mean it costs 3-5k for the insurance? Also the community does not require a 500 bond. Distance will be my friend cause we have about 800 feet of clearance all around us.

Does anyone here shoot for a hobby? and if so what do you do for insurance?, Fire Department? and $500 bond?

Thanks for imput in advance......
Yes 3-5k is what you should expect to pay. Probably closer to 5k. It doesn't matter to the insurance companies if your a hobbiest or not. They just look at it as fireworks. You can try to get one day insurance or a personal libality on yourself. Personal libality is usually the way to go for the small town stuff. If your feeling confident with your location and space, write the township a $500.00 check and shoot away. Even if they don't require it, write one anyway and drop it off in an envelope just to cover yourself.