PDA

View Full Version : Storage Question: Trailers?

Forti1bs
05-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know if a standard cargo trailer would work for storage (type 4) if it had two covered locks and the tires were removed so somebody couldn't just hook it to their trailer hitch and leave with it.

Thanks

Pyro Nation
05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Not sure, but best way to know is contact your local ATF agent or office and discuss with them

hokester44
05-11-2011, 05:08 PM
It takes more work than that, but you're on the right track.

Agree w/pyroliffic... talk to the ATF.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
In one of Dave's videos from Kellner's he was with them when they pulled product for an order from one of the trailers-it had skirting all around it. It was mentioned in the video that the reason for that was to prevent a fire from spreading underneath the unit. As the others have said, your local ATF agent will give you specifics on what you need.

tgis81
05-11-2011, 07:39 PM
ATF is likely going to tell you to contact your state officials and have them approve it first. In Pennsylvania, the DEP has to approve a mag first, and their rules are much more strict than the ATF rules.

Pyro Nation
05-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes they are.. I looked into just getting a small day box type 4 for Quickmatch... Decided after talking with them to just burn off the remaining quickmatch I dont need

jknepp1954
05-11-2011, 11:47 PM
the OP is from Michigan. I actually saw a trailer of that type about a month ago - had wheels on it - and used for transport. I didnn't really look inside of it too much - but it did have double covered locks on it - and it was from Michigan. Maybe just a day box? not sure - call your local ATF.
And as tgis said in PA i don't really think this contraption would work as state law dictates differently.

Forti1bs
05-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks So Much... I will call the AFT... here in Michigan (I don't know about PA) the local officials all give you a different story about fireworks. I am just a shooter right now for a local company, but I think it might be beneficial for me to get my own type 54 license.

Thanks All

Pyro Nation
05-13-2011, 08:16 PM
It is Forti1bs... For the simple fact of maybe E-match or Quickmatch or just to be able to transport the fireworks for personal usage and not worry about Police pulling ya over and taking them

Xtreme Pyro
05-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Yes they will allow them, but if the trailer is off the ground it needs to be skirted.