PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotechnic compositions

HOTPYRO
11-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Hello Tim from Sweden here

does anyone know if there is any pyrotechnics database of recipes there was one before that was called pyroguide.com but the page seems to be been shut down:(

PyroJoeNEPA
11-03-2014, 09:21 AM
fireworking.com is a site for pyro builders run by Ned Gorsky. It is not a free site-there is a yearly membership fee, but there is more information there than you could ever use & some of the most talented builders from around the world on the forum there.

wizard7611
11-08-2014, 12:09 PM
http://www.pyrodb.org/compositionIndex.php5 has tons of formulas made by master pyros.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-08-2014, 03:46 PM
http://www.pyrodb.org/compositionIndex.php5 has tons of formulas made by master pyros.

I looked over several of the formula on this site & noticed that--although chemical names & ratios are given, the very important info on proper binding agent [water, alcohol, water/alcohol mix, acetone, etc] & ratio for binding agent to solid mix for the formula is left out of the data. Unless you are already familiar with the processes & binding techniques, [I personally feel] it isn't much use as a database. I did enjoy looking around there, though.

displayfireworks1
11-08-2014, 08:21 PM
It looks like that website may be out of Australia. At one time there were multiple websites that carried all these fireworks formula and mixtures. Not sure what happened to them. If someone out there still has the data and needs a place to post it, I can possibly add a section on pyrotalk. You can talk about making fireworks all you want here, there are no restrictions.

wizard7611
11-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Yea, that would be cool. Having a whole section on specific colors, effects, and such with many different formulas as well. Each formula could have some tips into making the actual composition. Not only good for new people, but it would make the forums lots popular (not saying they aren't, I'm just throwing out ideas). I'm liking this idea already.