PDA

View Full Version : Cobra 8 - Di Blasio Elio (New 2014)

displayfireworks1
10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Reports are these are new for 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZtZPqsDTee0
http://pyrofire.eu/gal/foto930.jpg

NWPA
10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
I like an M style firecracker on some occasions, like most folks into pyro, but c'mon, really.! How big is big enough.

Dion
11-02-2014, 12:07 AM
That is too much for a consumer ground salute!! They are asking for trouble!

PGH_Pyro
11-02-2014, 02:46 AM
well, clearly, it's a much smaller cracker inside that big chrome paper-lined tube .

Dion
11-02-2014, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=PGH_Pyro;26282]well, clearly, it's a much smaller cracker inside that big chrome paper-lined tube .[/
For sure its over cased but there is clearly over 4 grams of flash in that thing and for just anybody (Kids& Stupid adults) to be able to get there hands on them is scary. Unless you have a license or you are a true pyro at a club event then the public should not be able to handle a ground salute with more then 200mg. of flash in it. That's just my opinion and I do believe that in this country our 50mg law is BS and should at least be raised to 135mg (2 grain). M80's had around 4 grams of flash and its very obvious why they are no longer around legally. Unfortunately the mass population in this country is to dumbed down and stupid to handle such salutes.

PyroManiacs
11-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately the mass population in this country is to dumbed down and stupid to handle such salutes.

Couldnt agree more!

PyroJoeNEPA
11-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Dumbed Down & Stupid---I love the way you put it Dion-- :-) & agree with you!
My comment on the video: "Run, Forrest, Run!"

countryboy7978
12-30-2014, 12:09 AM
I actually respectfully disagree with the general public not being allowed to purchase and discharge salutes containing gram quantities of flash. 135 mg of flash is a joke. While this is good for a standard 1.5" firecracker (and I wish the 50mg law was never brought to light), the old American salutes should never have been banned. If someone loses a finger or a hand it's because of their own stupidity or carelessness. We should not reward carelessness. There are plenty of unregulated items that can amputate body parts. Lawn care tools and power tools can make quick work of fingers and toes.

Now some of these crazy salutes containing 20-50 grams of flash belong in the air not on the ground IMO but to each their own.