PDA

View Full Version : Question from China?

displayfireworks1
10-20-2014, 08:37 AM
I received a question on my YouTube channel from China of all places. Can someone please help me answer it.
Question.
What is your fireworks propellant formula?75-10-15?
I may be missing something but isn't this the standard black powder rocket formula?

PyroJoeNEPA
10-20-2014, 09:14 AM
That is the standard Black Powder ratio for basic rocket motors. Also, basic starter formula for fountains & gerbs. Type & amount of charcoal will vary the spark [or streamer] effect of the mix.
Whistle motors use Potassium Perchlorate [64%] Potassium Benzoate[32%] Iron Oxide [1%] & a binder of mineral oil or vaseline [3%]. {Iron Oxide can be Red or Black--both work}.
There are other rocket propellants using sugar as the main component. Tons of those examples on YouTube.

PGH_Pyro
10-20-2014, 12:26 PM
so, mineral oil is that gook that gets all over the metal pipe I used to launch my rockets ?

PyroJoeNEPA
10-20-2014, 03:36 PM
so, mineral oil is that gook that gets all over the metal pipe I used to launch my rockets ?
Shouldn't be any "gook" if they are pressed black powder motors. BP motors don't need a binder since they are pressed or hammered.
You can't hammer the whistle mix or it will go BOOM on you!!! Thus the need for the binder.
Not sure what you are seeing on the launch pipe. Are you referring to regular 1.4g rockets? If they are "whistling rockets" then, yes, that is what you are seeing.

displayfireworks1
10-20-2014, 07:18 PM
At PyroJoe
Thanks for that answer. I would love to have this guy on the forums, he is from China. Here are two of his videos, he appears like he knows something. He told me he does not speak or understand English. Look at his scale, they use Harbor Freight scale in China to. LOL
Joe I will try to translate you answer to Chinese and send it to him.
Here is what it will look like
这是标准的黑火药比例基本火箭发动机。此外,喷泉和gerbs基本入门公式。类型木炭和金额会 有所不同的火 花[或流光]的混合效果。
口哨电机采用高氯酸钾[64%]苯甲酸钾[32%]氧化铁[1%]与矿物油或凡士林[3%]的粘合剂。 {氧化铁可以是红色或黑色​​ - 无论是工作}。
有使用糖作为主要成分的其他火箭推进剂。 YouTube上的例子吨。
Here are his videos
His youtube name is 善良的死神...English translation is Good Death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7aa-TrWV9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgADsgM2MkM

benrenyi4
10-21-2014, 07:15 AM
You fireworks propellant what formula

wizard7611
10-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Why didn't his blow up when he rammed it?

displayfireworks1
10-21-2014, 07:04 PM
I believe he was making whistles in that video. You usually have to bang them down when making them. I can see he registered to post and comment above asking a question about what fireworks propellant we use. His username is benrenyi4. We are going to have a language problem because he does not understand English.
我相信他在视频制作的口哨。通常你使他们的时候一鼓作气下来。我可以看到他注册后发表以上问了什么烟花推进 剂,我们使用的问题发表评论。他的用户名是benrenyi4。我们将有一个语言问题,因为他根本不懂英语 。