PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Fireworks in India

NWPA
09-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Thought this was interesting, wonder if any of that makes its here[USA]?
ENS Economic Bureau | New Delhi | Posted: September 30, 2014 2:35 am The department of industrial policy and promotion (DIPP) on Monday cautioned retailers against the possession and sale of fireworks of foreign origin in India, calling it “illegal and punishable under the law.” In a statement, the DIPP said that it has received complaints of fireworks of foreign origin being illegally brought into India under false declarations with several fireworks associations claiming that these “smuggled items include the chemical potassium chlorate which is a dangerous and hazardous chemical and can ignite or explode spontaneously.” The statement comes ahead of the Diwali festival next month, the season which sees the maximum sale of fireworks. Fearing the sale of illegal fireworks, the DIPP has asked retailers to inform about possession or sale of such products to the nearest police station. The fireworks in India have been listed as restricted item under Indian Trade Clarification (ITC) based on Harmonized System (HS) and the manufacture, possession, use and sale of any explosive containing sulphur or sulphurate in admixture with any chlorate is banned in the country since 1992, the statement said. Related Chinese crackers spark fear,MHA writes to statesWalmart probe: ED approaches RBI before taking final actionDIPP comes out with definition of ‘group company’Global retailers can open warehouses in states opposing FDIWalmart probe: ED asks DIPP to clarify rules on FDI retail The Tamil Nadu Fireworks and Amorces Manufacturers’ Association had also informed the DIPP about the penetration of such illegal fireworks in large quantities in the country and had warned the department of its sale through retail outlets extensively during the Diwali season. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/business/business-others/selling-of-imported-fireworks-illegal-and-punishable-says-dipp/#sthash.dZN4nDET.dpuf

displayfireworks1
09-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Last I heard India does not allow Chinese fireworks into their country. I think that Potassium Chlorate excuse is bullshit. They make it sound like fireworks from India are the safest in the world. I believe Standard Brand fireworks are somehow produced as a joint venture with the Chinese. I had more Standard cakes blow apart than any other. LOL
Video from 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWyUQYt03GI

NWPA
09-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Wow. Maybe it's all that child labor they use. !!!