PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster brand

Dion
09-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Can anyone tell me if the new Roller Coaster crackers are any good?

PGH_Pyro
09-10-2014, 08:50 AM
no better than any others .

NWPA
09-10-2014, 01:02 PM
If you mean good by loudness and reliability, same as most others , just a different label.

displayfireworks1
09-10-2014, 04:14 PM
There is not a good legal firecracker for sale in United States. The Roller Coaster firecrackers are legal firecrackers. If you see a roll of firecrackers that has a well know brand name to it, it is going to be the same as all the others. It is not worth it for the well know brands to risk confiscation etc. I can usually walk into any fireworks store and find the good ones. They usually look different and are priced more than the others. Or you learn how they are packaged
On a side note someone in the business (confidentially) told me they will be out of town and make it a point to visit a fireworks store. They will find these overloaded firecrackers, buy them, take them out to light them, take video of it with their phone and send it to the ATF and the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The person told me most of the time the ATF or the CPSC do not so shit about it.

N3OQO
09-10-2014, 07:36 PM
The biggest con here in the states are these M800's and such, just simple penny firecrackers in a bigger tube. What i can't figure out is why European countries,who are very liberal and control every aspect of your life, have much more powerful firecrackers and salutes. I had cherry bombs and M80s when I was a kid and never lost a digit, but then again I treated em with respect and used em safely.

Dion
09-10-2014, 08:25 PM
I understand they wouldn't juice them up having there name on them. I was wondering of there reliability and if they used older techniques in there construction. I know what you mean Dave about the packaging and thanks for the reply and everyone else. Its so sad what has become of the Cracker! I had thunder Bombs back in the late 80's early 90's when I was young that were kick ass! None of this weak shit with clay instead of crimping. Might need to start collecting old bricks.

PGH_Pyro
09-10-2014, 08:28 PM
i will say that, *some* of the DOT/recent Black Cat crackers do seem to be bit more spicy than any others ... i've done a lot of comparing and side by side type of testing with the BC vs every other common 50mg. cracker . just a bit more oomph ... they are also much higher in quality as far as the production / fabrication ... maybe this is why they pop a little better ... i dunno .

matandch
09-11-2014, 07:50 PM
they are also much higher in quality as far as the production / fabrication ... maybe this is why they pop a little better ... i dunno .

I think this is the reason Roller Coaster Brand appears to sound louder. Quality of materials AND method of manufacture. Roller Coaster Brand is also a legendary brand by the "Cassorla Bros."

matandch
09-11-2014, 08:02 PM
http://www.cassorla.com/

jknepp1954
09-11-2014, 10:58 PM
I think this is the reason Roller Coaster Brand appears to sound louder. Quality of materials AND method of manufacture. Roller Coaster Brand is also a legendary brand by the "Cassorla Bros."
pretty much sums up.
my opinion - we try to ceep some sort of Roller coasters on shelf - but getting more difficult to come by.

displayfireworks1
09-15-2014, 08:51 PM
When I say by how they are packaged this is what I mean.
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/51442728/Color_Flower_Firecracker_Firework.jpg

Dion
09-15-2014, 10:31 PM
When I say by how they are packaged this is what I mean.
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/51442728/Color_Flower_Firecracker_Firework.jpg

Ooo yes! You see stuff like that you buy it!

PyroManiacs
09-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Every once in a while we get some salute finale chains that are called colorful flower.

PyroJoeNEPA
09-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Every once in a while we get some salute finale chains that are called colorful flower.
or "Super Crackle"---HeHeHe code words for S****e!

PGH_Pyro
09-16-2014, 12:37 PM
or "silver peony" or "special peony"

Dion
09-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Super Crackle, "Special" Peony LOL!!!;):p