PDA

View Full Version : Finger printing for ATF

Shootingstar_pyro86
09-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Question,

When getting finger printed, will the police dept have the correct finger print card or will I have to print it from online?

jknepp1954
09-05-2014, 05:56 PM
The Police dept has the FBI card. ATF has somewhat of a different card - so you HAVE to use ATF card.
or at least that is how it use to be.

displayfireworks1
09-05-2014, 06:11 PM
My experience has been any law enforcement fingerprint card has been accepted. No one has told me they were rejected for the form.
This is the ATF one, it looks like every other one
http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/163251517.png
You put the ink on your finger and press. What is important is the card identify the law enforcement office and it is signed to make it official.

rppyro
09-05-2014, 06:59 PM
there are different types of fingerprint cards. I went to state police barracks close to my house and they did not have the type that is listed on the atf application, so I went to a neighboring borough and the town cops had the card.

The state police do not use ink at all. they use a scanner of some sorts that records your prints

displayfireworks1
09-05-2014, 08:51 PM
There may be a print option on the new computerized finger print machine. Problem is they most likely do not know how to use it. I know here in Pennsylvania when I renew my Hazard Materials drivers license I went to the state police and I believe they sent it electronically somehow.
I am not sure if all states are doing this but Pennsylvania requires fingerprints and a background check for a Hazard Materials drivers license. I swear I have been fingerprinted and background checked 100 times with explosives , drivers license, buying handguns and concealed weapons permits etc. Oh yea plus urine drug screens LOL

displayfireworks1
09-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Here is printable card.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/appeals/fingerprint-card-pdf
It is a standard FBI card that should be accepted.

mguerra
09-06-2014, 01:15 AM
FD-258 is the card the ATF is asking you to submit. At least as of earlier this year. My local sheriff's office had it. Might as well use the one they specify, it's easily available. One less reason to reject you or slow down the process.

MIpyro
09-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I first did my fingerprints at my local police station but the ATF did not accept them so they just sent me the ones needed.

Shootingstar_pyro86
09-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Will they accept a printed version of the FD-258 card?

Chad101
09-10-2020, 07:51 PM
Will they accept a printed version of the FD-258 card?

I was going to post the same question. My police station wouldn't use the FD-258 card I brought in.

I was given a printed one. Plus the ORI isn't filled in on the printed one.