PDA

View Full Version : Maine Is on the Move !!!!!

Palermitano2
05-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I stumbled across this great news.....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2011/05/03/maine_fireworks_bill_approved_in_committee/

indianahx
05-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm really sick of seeing these jackwagons say that bringing in fireworks will only cause more injuries. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the cspc has to do a study/data count on this stuff and it HAS BEEN PROVEN that consumer fireworks have risen considerably in the safety department and as a direct result injuries are WAY DOWN. Of course they want to focus on the handful of drunk fools who look into a lit mortar or hold firecrackers while they pop......but nothing is ever stated about the rise in safe and responsible use......

Way to go Maine. Bring on the pyro!!

DLux3888
05-03-2011, 06:22 PM
That is fantastic. I love to see the hobby expand to another state.

Pyro Nation
05-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Good to see this happening, but yeah.. CRITICS who just want to ruin it for all. Why not give free firework seminars for safety or have them watch a video before buying...

J's12talk
05-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I firmly believe anyone that wants to use fireworks should have to have some form of safety course, even a video is a good start. I've seen it time and time again a fully grown adult lighting a completely unsecured 200 gram cake, then becoming shocked and bewildered when it tips over and starts shooting everywhere. Prohibition of fireworks brings on ignorance of use which in turn increases accidents. FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PYRO!!!

jtknight
05-04-2011, 10:16 AM
I stumbled across this great news.....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2011/05/03/maine_fireworks_bill_approved_in_committee/

It's great to see that more and more states and counties are legalizing fireworks. Yet another state to help the cause :D

Palermitano2
05-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Its funny Emergency rooms see 10X more Trampoline injuries then pyro ......Lets outlaw those...lol

nrubmx
05-04-2011, 03:48 PM
thats awesome. i wish ohio could do that....

Xplosive
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
That's awesome but unfortunatly they will put some loop hold on the whole thing! I live in Ohio where it is 100% legal to purchase fireworks however it is 100% illegal to set them off in Ohio WTF??!!?? Talk about some stupid laws that make liars out of all of us. They accept the tax revenue however if you get busted they'll take em away or even fine you. Knock on wood I've only had 1 run in about 7 years ago but for the most part if your not being stupid they leave you alone. Just retarted though!!

Palermitano2
05-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow I thought taxachusetts was dumb....So you can buy them but cant shoot them.....so what the Hell you suppose to do with them ?

Pyro Nation
05-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I did not know that about Ohio... That is retarded but makes sense why I was told to make sure I dont set them off there..lol