PDA

View Full Version : hello from north central Indiana

csvanmter
08-18-2014, 08:39 PM
My name is cory . thank you for having me. im sure i will have plenty of silly questions.

xRay
08-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Welcome! In a couple years, PGI will be in northern Indy! La Porte

PyroJoeNEPA
08-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the Forum Cory. The only silly question is the one you are afraid to ask. Asking questions is how you learn to do things properly & safely. Ask away!

PyroManiacs
08-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

csvanmter
08-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Would like more info on PGI in Indiana please. Dates and such.

Thank you
Cory

PyroJoeNEPA
08-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Here's the link to the official PGI web page. They will be posting info sometime in the near future of the upcoming events. When I get a few minutes I will look thru the bulletin & see what the dates are.
http://www.pgi.org/

killer57
08-19-2014, 05:54 PM
welcome aboard :)

csvanmter
08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Thank you for the reply s

Wholesale Fireworks
08-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Welcome to Pyro Talk Cory.
We have a lot of customers out your way. check us out when you get a chance www.wfboom.com

csvanmter
08-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Why does it say I'm from Michigan?

PyroManiacs
08-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Top right of screen... click "my profile" and then "about me". You can change the location there. :)

csvanmter
08-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Thank you

displayfireworks1
09-04-2014, 07:00 PM
At csvanmter

I listed you location as Michigan. I prefer all members of pyrotalk list part of their location in their profile. Here in United States a state location is fine. Those outside of USA a country location is good enough. If someone wants to list a city along with a state that is great. Having a location by you name and post gives some credibility to your post and makes the site more credible. Secondly it allows people to network, if you see someone from your state you can send them a private message to organize a shoot or work a display.
The administrative functions on the website allow me to see everyone's IP address when they register and/or post. If you do not list your location when you register I search out the ip location and add in the state or country. The ip address also allows me to block spammers and check for members that have multiple accounts. If you have a good reason to not list your state of location I can respect that, being paranoid is not a good reason. An example of a good reason to me is you want to talk extensively about making fireworks on the forums, you are a notorious pyro person I invited onto the forums to discuss something pyro related or you tell me a good reason to remain totally anonymous.
What you should know about me knowing your ip address, I will not share it with anyone, if any outside authority contacts me and inquires about any ip address on pyrotalk forums, I will destroy your account. When an account is deleted it appear to remove all past post and other identifying information.
Your ip address is showing as a location in Michigan, it may be because you are close to the border I do not know. But I see you corrected it as Indiana.