PDA

View Full Version : Cobra sales

Marine pyro
07-30-2014, 07:28 AM
If anyone gets any news of a sale going on either on the cobra site or anywhere else could you please post it on the site. I'm looking in to buy a remote and two modules but would really like to get them during a sale.

Northern Sky
07-30-2014, 08:11 AM
There will NEVER be a "sale" for new Cobra product. You might be able to pick up some used equipment. Which remote are you considering?

Marine pyro
07-31-2014, 06:53 AM
I want to get the 18R remote with three modules with rubber jackets and safety cases for around 1000 but it probably won't happen. I also like to get things brand new because I know they won't break and if they do I will have the 5 year warranty.

Northern Sky
07-31-2014, 08:43 AM
Not sure what you consider a "rubber jacket". I am assuming you are referring to the boots. Usually people use either the boots or SeaHorse cases. There isn't a way to use both. I prefer to use the boots because they save a lot os space for storing, are easy to mount/elevate and are more flame resistant than SeaHorse cases.

As far as warranty, Cobra has transferred the warranty between previous and new owners.

A Cobra package with an 18-R, 3-18Ms and boots will run you $1,123 delivered. That's not a bad package.

Marine pyro
08-01-2014, 06:58 AM
No it's not at all.

PGH_Pyro
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Well as Dave mentioned in another post - it sure would nice if Scott would maybe develop a "Cobra-Lite" system for simpler shows/1.4 / etc that was significantly lower in price ... I'd personally be all over such a system were it to exist ... and I know of others that would be, too .

PyroManiacs
08-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Well as Dave mentioned in another post - it sure would nice if Scott would maybe develop a "Cobra-Lite" system for simpler shows/1.4 / etc that was significantly lower in price ... I'd personally be all over such a system were it to exist ... and I know of others that would be, too .

I would definitely agree with you there.

Northern Sky
08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
There are plenty of cheap systems out there filling that niche. There is no reason to go that direction. The Cobra is a great system for small to medium size shows. If you don't want 18 cues per location, pick up one of the Chinese-four cue systems on the site.

What other system on the market can hold a candle to the system Cobra offers? What other system can be used as a small backyard system one week and the following week be combined with other's at a club event to make a formative show system?

NADA!

PGH_Pyro
08-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Dane that's completely debatable because obviously the circuitry in Cobra as is is good. Bugs worked out and all .
I just think Scott would sell a lot more of them if there was more of a Joe SixPack version .
With these 1.4 initiators/e-match recently BATFE approved .....
:confused:

PyroManiacs
08-03-2014, 03:08 AM
As I have stated in another post, some people just dont want to spend $1000+ on a firing system.

They shouldnt have to if they dont want to.

displayfireworks1
08-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Some of the fireworks retailers that advertise with me are looking for a simple 1 to 12 firing system to introduce the average backyard enthusiast to electrical firing. The retailers do not want the import systems. From what I am picking up there is a need for a reliable, affordable well made system that can handle a simple 1 to 12 push the buttons firing system. Sure they can import these inexpensive systems from China. The way I heard it described to me is , they want someone with a phone number and address in United States they can call when there is problem.

PyroManiacs
08-03-2014, 09:41 PM
So, they want a US manufactured system like the Cobra, but not a Cobra... would be nice!

Dion
08-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Yea and make the controller indicate if a cue has been fired or not! The cobra R2 is the only handheld I have seen that has this feature and that is ridiculous. Ive seen so many would be nice affordable systems on the market but will not purchase because of this lacking feature.

cfdtk1
08-04-2014, 10:35 AM
I have a dewey system aka remote firing systems.com and my only grip about it is that it does not show on the S12 remote continuity and if the cue has been fired or not like the cobra.

Northern Sky
08-04-2014, 04:01 PM
I agree with everything everybody has said above. When I started firing electrically I made a system that fired similarly to the ones that use nichrome igniters. Starting with 48 cues was a good starting point. It was "relatively" in expensive but having to use and maintain all the wires was a PITA.

I found a used Cobra 18-R and 2 modules and have grown from there.

Reliability has a cost in anything. I have used a phrase for many years: Great price, Great Quality, Great Service; pick two.