PDA

View Full Version : Dun Pai / Dominator 1.4S 62mm (2.44") Single Shot Preloads...

PyroManiacs
07-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Anyone have any experience with them? What are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKahKUZUQNY

Adam PA Artist
07-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Those are pretty darn nice very bright colorful clean breaks. Not bad id like to get my hands on a few of those...

PGH_Pyro
07-21-2014, 09:02 AM
i got a bunch of them last Summer @ PGI directly from the dun pai/dominator guys.
expensive compared to can shells but the breaks seem to be slightly more 'pretty' than the avg can/ball 1.4 shell .
of course, you have to have something to drop them into . one of those single-tube racks .
they can be hand-fired if you stick visco into the hole at the bottom or they can be e-fired.
i need to get some more and re-evaluate whether they're worth the extra money (about twice what a can shell costs).
i generally prefer the other Dom Pro. stuff to these single-shells. the comets/mines and a few of those effect cakes(incl. the 13-shot all at once slice 'cakes') are the D.P. strong-point(s).

PyroJoeNEPA
07-21-2014, 09:43 AM
I missed these at PGI last year but did find a sweet little tourbillion cake they make there --16 shots "all at once" PFX222.
I have used the DunPai shells the last few years & they are nice shells. I had 2 1/2" salutes & Red/White color shells in my finale this year.
What did you guys pay for one of the pre-loaded tubes?

PyroManiacs
07-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Other then Preloads, the cake I liked the most was the 25 Shot Instant Crackle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlAEqI3HrmE

I also liked those 10s / 12s Vertical 2" cakes... I wonder how they compare to the other large 12 shot cakes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmd1vz6Qd_U

cfdtk1
07-23-2014, 06:01 AM
had a few in my show this year not that high but very nice breaks

Fire Art
10-08-2014, 03:49 PM
We have a few of the 62mm in stock and more on the way for spring. Very nice performance in terms of break size, symmetry, color and noise.

www.fireartcorp.com

NYJoeD
07-21-2015, 07:06 PM
i got a bunch of them last Summer @ PGI directly from the dun pai/dominator guys.
expensive compared to can shells but the breaks seem to be slightly more 'pretty' than the avg can/ball 1.4 shell .
of course, you have to have something to drop them into . one of those single-tube racks .
they can be hand-fired if you stick visco into the hole at the bottom or they can be e-fired.
i need to get some more and re-evaluate whether they're worth the extra money (about twice what a can shell costs).
i generally prefer the other Dom Pro. stuff to these single-shells. the comets/mines and a few of those effect cakes(incl. the 13-shot all at once slice 'cakes') are the D.P. strong-point(s).

can these be secured to a fan rack? i would assume so if done correctly and safely?

Fire Art
07-23-2015, 11:55 AM
It would have to be a pretty sturdy rack. We can't use them on our aluminum fan racks.

PGH_Pyro
07-27-2015, 12:05 AM
good but all things considered, probably, not worth the double expense, imo .

chriskrc
08-03-2015, 07:55 AM
There is a lot of nice 1.4 pro line that I've seen and would love to purchase ( especially the slices ). Now I know you need the 54 to purchase them, but how much higher did they go with comp limits? The breaks and colors look really good.

PGH_Pyro
08-03-2015, 08:25 PM
no , you don't need 54 to purchase them .
the slices are my faves, overall of that line . they came out with the combination meteor/mine . they're pretty swell, too .

displayfireworks1
08-19-2015, 10:14 PM
I get mixed messages about these "Articles of Pyrotechnics" , one says they carry the same composition requirements as consumer fireworks and others tell me they do not. Most of the performance on the ones I see far exceed Consumer Fireworks. The ones Tannerite sells like the M-25 cake are more than consumer items. Last I talked with him he now sells a 100 shot air burst (don't say salute) cake approved as an "Article of Pyrotechnics" exempt form ATF regulations.
You can not make someone sell you something, some distributors will sell to you without an ATF license if they are sure you know what you are doing, still others play it safe and want you to have an ATF license. One of my anonymous source retailers told me. He is not selling these to $50.00 customers, they are going to want the budget up to sell these to select customers.

Shootingstar_pyro86
08-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Speaking of these, I was just trying to find a place to buy some. Any suggestions?

Tropmoore75
08-22-2015, 12:45 AM
Speaking of these, I was just trying to find a place to buy some. Any suggestions?

there are a few approved advertisers that are sponsors of this forum that sell them. You are in Delaware so I'm not sure that any of them are close to you. Look at daves advertising links and you will find more than one.

Fire Art
08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
We have them here are Fire Art, but I may be a bit of a drive for you.

Shootingstar_pyro86
08-31-2015, 11:54 AM
Would you be able to ship to me or somewhere near me and I can pick it up?