PDA

View Full Version : American Fireworks Demo Recap

J's12talk
04-24-2011, 10:06 PM
I've been to a lot of demo's by a lot of different distributers and have never been as impressed as I was by the Sorgi brothers. With their grandfather and father passing these guys stood up to to the challenge of running a one hundred year old business. I am sure that the men that walked before them are looking down with swelling pride in their hearts. Alright enough of the mushy stuff, product wise they are on the right track, I would like to see them pick up other brand names such as Bigs to really kick them up a notch but they do well with the Dominator and Legend brands. This was their fiirst Demo and they wanted to take it easy with the town the first time out. They are in the middle of everywhere, the town grew up around them. As I was getting close to their address I was wondering where the hell are they going to shoot. Then as an oasis in the desert I came upon a hundred acres of mags and fencing right in the middle of upper class USA. I will wait for some response before listing my must haves.

Pyro Nation
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Any video? Was one of the ones I was looking at. Next year I get a list of demo's I will be hitting up. So cant wait

J's12talk
04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Product that I would recommend from the demo are; from the dominator pro line PFX556-B, PFX548B, PFX546, PFX-5113, from the standard Dominator line American steel, Detonator, all four of the Mammoth cakes, from the Legend line, Catastrophic storm, Grenade Extractor, Landing Force, Trail Beyond. Cakes that are good but were not demo'd are Pyro Chonicles, Finding Carribean, Our Salute To Liberty. I'm sure this list would be a lot bigger if they had demo'd more product. They plan on increasing the size of the event quite a bit in the next couple of years.

wpman321
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
I liked mammoth strobe best, was impressed with the size and loudness of the breaks.

Dart
04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Did they demo the red mammoth cake,if so did it perform equally to the white strobing version? Do they offer wholesale?

Pyro Nation
04-26-2011, 07:26 PM
The red mammoth was one I also would like to have seen.

J's12talk
04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Did they demo the red mammoth cake,if so did it perform equally to the white strobing version? Do they offer wholesale?

No they did not demo the red mammoth cake. Joe Blow of the street is going to pay retail but if your a club member and a quantity buyer they will work with you. I will not pay retail and I was happy with my purchase when it was all said and done.

pyromaniac
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I thought the demo was great! The staff and people there were super friendly. They also had plenty of pizza and hot dogs to go around. Out of 40 items demo'd, 12 made it on my 4sure purchase list. Some of my favorites were, detonator, landing force, mammoth brocade, mammoth strobe, and #500 3" strobe and brocade. The dominator 1.4 pro-line mine w/shells and crackle mines to comets were also very impressive.