PDA

View Full Version : Kellners Consumer Demo -> Opinions?

hokester44
04-22-2011, 09:34 AM
We discussed some of the 1.3 from the Kellners demo on the Display forum... so I'd like some opinions on the 1.4...

Likes, dislikes, new stuff... what were your thoughts?

Thanks

jknepp1954
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
i was not there so i don't have an opinion.
however i was there the night before at open shoot and my question is this? what new stuff? He had an aweful alot of bare spaces where new stuff was suppose to be but not there. to the best of my knowledge he had no new fountains, no new rockets, only 1 new 500 gr cake and only 1 new 200 gr cake (willow cake assort)/ On the blue wrapped willow cake i got and shot aobut 2 weeks before that, it wasnt even a willow effect - nice little cake anyway - but not willow!
Maybe i Missed something? :confused: :confused:
If you was never there before then most if not all was new to you...

The late arrival of product is a huge problem this year to most all importers - alot of things coming in late this year ...

PyroJoeNEPA
04-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Since I took the time to take notes, I might as well share some of them.
I'm not going to say anything about the poor or bad stuff--only that there was a good bit of it, sadly!
The 0913 Power Ball Rockets do have a nice break to them for their size. Fountains--3031 Firehouse Frenzy was a wide spread & fairly "busy" & the 3043 Show Girls was OK also.
Nothing to say on the reloadables!
8911 Single Shot Grand Stand was ok.
9001 19 shot Blue Hurricane was nice with the spinners effect. 9059 War Between the Worlds had nice breaks, as did the 9108 7 shot Sudden Storm.
9115 NOAB 4th of July was ok.
The 9067 24shot Battle Front had both high & low breaks & looked nice.
9193 18 shot Crystal Ball had a nice break also.
9214 231 shot Sin City was a good looking fast fan.
I did like the 9030 25shot Southern Belles multishot--I was going to get a couple cases of these-however--there were none available in the warehouse--yet another "not in stock" piece!!!

I agree with Joyce there wasn't a room full of "new" stuff to drool over, just a lot of "seen it, shot it" goodies. But, still. it was a great time out & the people there are great to deal with.

Looking at the prices for 1.4 cakes & NOAB's or Single Shots, & comparing the prices to 1.3G 3" shells & the BOSS stuff, I would steer to the 1.3g product line.
Just my humble opinion & observations.

J's12talk
04-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Nice review PyroJoeNEPA, I feel that this years 1.4g demo was stronger than last years. Last year it was so weak I wanted to give Bob a hug to make him feel better. The product that he shot might not have been "new" stock items for this year but product that he didn't demo last year. He probably figured he had better put up anything decent that he had to show face. Here is the good that I saw; Power Ball Rockets, Sky Warrior Roman Candles, War between Worlds, Sudden Storm, Bam Bam, Amacing Grace, White Sands Missile range,Texas Rodeo, Cat's Catwalk, Las Vegas Lights, YA HOO, Golden Waterfall, Pyro Outbreak, Catch Falling Stars, Triple seven, It's All Good, Eye Candy, Knockout Beach Brocade, America, Master and Legend, Sonic rings, Blazing Cosmos, Hey Baby. Now please keep in mind that the base rating to make this list is an OK rating not a OMG that was great rating. Repeating what PyroJoeNEPA said the B.O.S.S. and 1.3g is better product. Some of those 1.3g shells broke HARD!

jknepp1954
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
I will say his Firehouse frenzy ftn is a great seller in our stands.
Crackling Dragons Cones are not as good as they once were - but still very nice non the less - i made sure i got my take before I left on demo night...
And i really like the War between Worlds - saw that for the first last year - that is why it is in my stash....
I do believe his powerball rkts is a decent rocket for size as well - this is from what i remember last yr in 2010.