PDA

View Full Version : Pyro accident in Burgos (+20 injured)

SpanishPyro
07-01-2014, 08:22 AM
http://i.gyazo.com/43ee84ed6527af7b3384580cfc88731a.png

Twenty-four wounded by a pyrotechnic accident in Burgos

Twenty-four people were injured last night during the fireworks session of the Festival of San Pedro. Eight of the injured were admitted to HUBU, especially concerned about the status of two children with burns of varying degrees in the legs. Apparently there was an incident with a pyrotechnic exploding a shell outside the security fences.

The accident occurred in the area of the bridges of St. Paul and St. Mary, as reported by sources 112 Emergency Service of Castilla y León.

According to witnesses in the area, shell of one of the rockets exploded after lose its normal trajectory to fall to the ground outside the boundaries of the safety zone at the bridge. The explosion has affected numerous citizens who thronged as usual in the vicinity of these two bridges to watch the traditional fireworks display. Affected individuals have suffered burn injuries on his face and legs and some have suffered injuries and bruises by the avalanche that occurred after the explosion.

To the scene have come numerous ambulances have attended to the injured "in situ" and were subsequently transferred to the premises of the University Hospital of Burgos. Municipal sources have claimed that the security protocol has worked correctly but will open an investigation to determine the causes of the accident.

Municipal sources have confirmed that the yesterday's display (by Hermanos Fernández, from Murcia) complies with all safety standards while working to clarify the causes of this unfortunate accident that could have resulted in a tragedy.

In principle, the fireworks display scheduled for Saturday night by the company MLE Pyrotechnics from the UK will normally be held as planned.

There are some videos around, will try to post them here if I find it.

RunBang
07-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Do you find a video.

PGH_Pyro
07-23-2014, 06:23 PM
so it was a rogue rocket ... those mass rocket launches concern me ... asking for trouble .