PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!

PyroFury
06-26-2014, 02:06 AM
I've been floating around Dave's videos and this forum for the past couple of years. I got tired of lurking in the shadows and decided to get more involved. I currently live in the Pyro desert known as Georgia. However, I'm looking at moving to TN this month (or wherever I'm called to) to fulfill my dreams and lifelong passion of becoming a Pyro. I have a background as a Musician and Audio Engineer as well that I acquired in Nashville. I would eventually like to take my visions of how I see Pyro and put it into reality. I'm wanting to create a full, in-house experience by creating the music for the shows then designing and producing the show itself. I'm looking to become a full-time Pyro and take advantage of it year-round.

I've been huge into Pyro since I was a kid. I want to take it further.

I hope to enjoy my time here with all of you!

-Fury

killer57
06-26-2014, 10:47 AM
welcome aboard :)

PyroManiacs
06-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Fury!

mikeinga.
06-26-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm trying myself and it is a fact that Georgia does not help at all with becoming 54 licensed, this state does not want to give out permission for us.

PyroFury
06-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm trying myself and it is a fact that Georgia does not help at all with becoming 54 licensed, this state does not want to give out permission for us.

This is exactly why I'm moving to Tennessee ASAP. I really don't understand why fireworks are banned here. We have fewer trees than Tennessee, and we're cooler/wetter than Florida. We have the same climate as Alabama, though we don't get as much snow as they do. What gives?

A while back when I was wanting to get on board with Pyrotecnico (before you had to break through 2 ft solid steel doors just to work with them) I was trying to figure out how to get the Governor to take a closer look at what the state could gain by allowing fireworks sales in Georgia. Basically any road you follow out of the state has a firework store right on the border. Statistics that I found from before the ban here in the state showed less incidence by fireworks than a couple of our surrounding states. Things could get crazy here the first year if they lifted the ban, sure. That's like someone's friends taking them out bar-hopping for their 21st birthday lol.

fatcat
06-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Welcome aboard

displayfireworks1
06-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forums, nice to have someone from Georgia.
http://www.tworvgypsies.us/images-greensboro%20georgia/GAHIGH.JPG
There are 14 ATF 1.3 Fireworks license in the entire state of Georgia Y'all

PyroFury
06-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Glad to be here Dave! I"ve been watching your videos non-stop for the past few weeks (watching them now as well actually).

I've spent so much time watching them in fact, I'm sure my wife has a bone or two to pick with you by now. haha

I'm getting ready for a show on July 19th. Pyro Shows in TN has asked me to come out to one of their shows in Atlanta. They might even be bringing me in for training (this would be an opportunity of a lifetime for me!). If they do, I'll be moving up there to be closer to them and live out my passion.

PyroManiacs
06-26-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm getting ready for a show on July 19th. Pyro Shows in TN has asked me to come out to one of their shows in Atlanta. They might even be bringing me in for training (this would be an opportunity of a lifetime for me!). If they do, I'll be moving up there to be closer to them and live out my passion.

.And thats how ya do it!

displayfireworks1
06-26-2014, 11:41 PM
I get the wife complaint a lot. When I go to a fireworks related event and start talking, its the wife that recognizes my voice and tells her husband something like, there is that guy you listen to on YouTube. LOL
I am glad Pyro Shows is giving you a chance. I do not believe any of the Pyro Show crew members are on this site, if they are I hope they read your message and PM you. They have been a few people start out watching my videos and end up working on professional fireworks crews. On person told me when he started as new person they were so impressed at how much he already knew. He told he learned it from my videos. I was pleased to hear it.

PyroFury
06-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the support guys! I'm actually looking to move out closer to whatever company out there that decides they want to bring me in. I'm surprised none of them would be on here. I'll be sure to spread the word and find out when I meet with them. I'm also looking at J and M displays in Biloxi if PyroShows turns me down or if they want me to wait until next year. Hopefully that's not the case! Those guys put on one heck of a show. I'd like to see them duke it out with Pyrotecnico.

pyroshaun
07-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Well if they don't put you on I can get you in with the company I work for I just got a guy from pyro talk on my crew this 4th and now he is hooked lol

Adam PA Artist
07-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Welcome PyroFury

PyroJoeNEPA
07-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the Forum PyroFury. I know where you are coming from--I just retired last year--owned my own sound company-did installations & events, so I can see you getting waist deep in scripting shows once you get familiar with the product & firing systems. Check out Dave's video of Bixler Pyrotechnics Crackerjacks 35th Anniversary PyroMusical--or YouTube PGI 2013 Bixler Pyromusical. I helped with them both.
Lots of work opportunity for a good audio engineer in the Nashville area.
The worst part of being an Audio Engineer & a Pyro is not wanting to wear ear plugs when the finale is going off!!! Gotta love the high SPL!

PGH_Pyro
07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
im curious about Nashville . i always remember that Shawn Mullins song , the lyric "Nashville ... it's like Hollywood without the tan ..." when I hear talk of it . ;) i'm more of a Hank 3 / outlaw country guy if i'm gonna listen to country, though . i can't handle the pop fluff carefully produced stuff.

Fireworksrob
07-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Welcome PyroFury. I am in the same boat with you, Minnesota does not allow aerial fireworks ( does not stop minnesotans from going to wisconsin and surrounding states to buy aerial fireworks), but ground fireworks are ok.